Chapter 9

~ One Month Later ~

"BEN, I'm leaving!" you called as you placed your hand on the doorknob of the old house.

"Alright! I'll look for LJ while you're gone," he joked.

"BEN, don't!" you said as you ran into the kitchen, where you saw him making lunch for himself.

"I was just kidding," he said as he smiled and kissed your forehead. You blushed and gave him a quick hug, then walked out the door.

You and BEN weren't officially dating yet. You were kind of, like... well, it was hard to explain. You were more than friends, but weren't exactly to the point of officially dating yet. You were just... friends with a little less benefits than actual friends with benefits.

BEN still understood that you were, in a way, afraid of relationships. After what LJ had done to you, you just weren't the same. You had a different perspective on everything.

~

BEN's POV

I took a bite of my sandwich and flipped the power switch on my Nintendo 64. I never left without it.

I just started a new game, one that I promised myself I would never play, but... here I am with Ocarina of Time. God, I hated Link. He was just a poser. Well, technically, I guess he was a thing first, but... oh well. I still hate him. The game is good, though, which is all that matters.

After a couple hours of playing, I decided to walk outside. I had basically been sitting inside all day for the past two weeks. A little fresh air won't hurt.

As I opened the door, a familiar scent hit my nose. I stepped off the porch and onto the sidewalk, and started walking. I wasn't really sure where I was going. I guess I'll go visit (Y/N) at work. Where was it again? Oh, yeah. (S)he told me. It was about a 10 minute walk from here.

As I walked to Kroger, I got a strange look from someone on the street, who started to walk faster when they saw me. Why were they... Shit. I didn't cast my illusion form. I chuckled and cast it when no one was looking. I forget to do that sometimes... Good thing Slender's not here. He'd kick my ass.

When I walked into Kroger, (Y/N) immediately noticed me and ran up to me and hugged me. "What are you doing here?" she asked happily.

"I just thought I'd stop by," I responded.

"Hey, (Y/N), is that your boyfriend?" a girl that looked about the same age as (Y/N) giggled.

"No, he's just my friend," she laughed. "This is BEN."

"Hi!" she responded excitedly. "I'm Honey!"

"Hey," I said quicky as I flashed her a smile. Suddenly, a dark thought rushed into my head. We hadn't even begun searching for Laughing Jack. We'd been here for a month, and nothing. My expression immediately turned dark.

"You okay?" (Y/N) asked as (s)he looked at me.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I grabbed her wrist and walked her to the bathrooms.

"H-Hey! I can't just leave my shift!" (s)he declared.

"This is important," I informed as I looked around to make sure no one could hear us. "Why haven't we started looking for Laughing Jack yet?"

'W-What?" His/Her face suddenly turned pale. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Why the fuk haven't we started looking for Laughing Jack yet?" I asked harshly.

"B-BEN, don't get mad at me!" she said as (s)he looked down, eyes filled with fear. "I need a while to adjust to all of this... It's all new to me."

"It's not fucking new to you! You're acting like you've never been up here before. I've never been in the overworld in my whole life, yet I'm ready to start looking for him. Why is that?" I asked as I slowly baked her up to a wall.

"B-BEN, I'm sorry!" (s)he said as tears started to form in his/her eyes. "I just... I wanted to find Jessica..." (s)he whispered. "I... I haven't seen her for so long... I- I've been trying to find her, but I can't. I've looked everywhere she would be. I even went to her house several times. No one was there," (s)he confessed as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"(Y/N)... I'm so sorry... I didn't know," I said as I stood there, a look of shock plastered to my face.

(Y/N) wrapped his/her arms around me, and I did the same. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever. "I'll help you find her, okay?" I assured.

"O-Okay..."

"Hey." I lifted his/her head towards mine and placed my lips on his/hers. We both melted into each other as (s)he wrapped his/her arms around my neck. We pulled away, and both of our faces were bright red and burning. I looked into his/her starstruck eyes, and I saw something inside of him/her that I had never seen before. It was strange, seeing him/her like this. It looked as if (s)he had just found the biggest suprise of her life.

And, maybe... she had.