Chapter 3

"What were you two doing outside?" Slenderman asked, trying to remain calm.

 "We were, uh..." You tried to think up an excuse, but none came to mind. Shit. You and Jane were both screwed.

"We were going to fix the elevator. Jeff complained that there was something wrong with it, and I thought I'd try to fix it, to get on his good side, I guess. I invited Y/N along with me for two reasons. One, so I can get to know her better, and two, she has an arm with all of the tools I needed." Jane said quickly.

"Oh. Okay, then. Did you manage to fix the problem?" Slenderman asked.

"Yes, we did."

"May I ask what the problem was?"

"There was a problem with the buttons. You would have to press up or down several times to get it to work. It really is an old elevator. You should get a new one."

"Well, Jane, in case you didn't know, Under Realm to Over Realm elevators can't just be bought. It's a very tedious process to get one, not to mention the installation. It usually takes a month or two, so we would all be trapped here for far too long."

"Oh. Well nevermind then," Jane laughed softly. "Now, I really must be getting to bed," Jane said as she yawned. "It's really late."

"So it is. Good night, Miss Arkensaw. Good night, Y/N."

You both headed upstairs, and before she headed into her room, you grabbed her arm.

"Uh... hey. Thanks for saving my ass back there," you chuckled.

"No problem. My ass was on the line, too. I still would have stood up for you either way," she smiled. She glanced down at your hand,, which was still on her wrist.

"Oh, uh... sorry," you said awkwardly.

"It's fine. Well, I really am tired, so good night."

"Night," you responded and headed to your room. You passed the black and white striped door, slowing down as you approached it. You put your hand on the knob and turned slowly, doing nothing but taking a quick peek in. It was exactly the same as when you last remember it. You had always wondered about that blood on the mirror. It had been there since day one. Laughing Jack's blood wasn't red. You had never seen it, but he told you that he was all monochrome, even his blood and things related to that. So, his blood would have to be black or gray or some variation of the color.

So, then... Where did the blood come from? What if he had been doing this for a while, and he had only just gotten caught? It's best not to jump to conclusions, though.

You slowly closed to door to Laughing Jack's room, making sure that there was no trace of the door opening at all.

You headed back to your room, but before you could take a second step, a hand grabbed your wrist firmly. "What the Hell?" you asked as your turned around. It was Mad.