Chapter 6

BEN and I packed our bags and got ready to leave. We had to do it quietly, though. One accidental noise and we could easily wake Slenderman up.

"BEN, you know you don't have to go with me, right? I'm prefectly fine on my own," you said honestly.

"Y/N, just... stop talking. Stop talking, okay? There's no way I'm letting you go on your own. Laughing Jack could hurt you again. For Zalgo's sake, he could fucking kill you! Or... Mad you follow you and... I'm going with you, okay?" he said defensively.

"Alright, fine. Thanks, then. I... I really appreciate it."

"No problem." He looked over at me and smiled, and I smiled back. "Ready?" he asked. You nodded your head, and you both closed your suitcases. Before BEN picked up his suitcase, he walked towards you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in for a tight hug. You hugged back, slightly shocked. "I just don't want you to get hurt," he said, chocking back tears. "You're my best friends, and I don't know what I would do if you even got hurt. I'm sorry."

"BEN... it's okay," you replied, still hugging him.

You both let go, and he walked over to his suitcase and picked it up, awkwardly walking to the door. You picked up your suitcase as well, and you both headed out the bedroom door.

"Alright... we have to be extremely quiet. Slenderman has these weird... senses, I guess. He knows when someone's sneaking out.

"Okay. We'll just have to be really quiet. How hard can it be?"

"Harder than you think."

~

Luckily, you were both able to make it out, almost getting caught in the process. You both scurried out the front door, closing it lightly behind you.

"Alright... now, before we go... Promise me that you'll stay with me... I- I know I sound cheesy, but I don't wanna lose you," he laughed quietly.

"I promise."

"Say it..."

"I promise that I will not leave you to go out and adventure on my own."

"Good. Let's go."