3 - niall

Friday, finally!

The school day is over and is not only the weekend, but I also have a double date today so... fun! Today might be the day that I meet my soulmate, you never know.

And if anything goes south, I can always "u up?" Liam for some fun. But yeah, probably not, it would boost his ego too much.

Anyways, I'm excited and it's going to be a great day, I can feel it. Almost taste it, even.

After a huge nap, I wake up barely having any time to get ready. So I end up only taking a shower and putting some clothes on, nothing fancy. And just like that, I'm on my way.

In a little less than 10 minutes, I'm standing in front of this cute little vintage restaurant/bar, very much pastel colors vibes, with Jake waiting for me at the dor. He is handsome, in a not my type way but he is.

- Hey, am I late? - I smiled at him, almost apologetic.

- Not really - he smiled back, mentioning to enter the restaurant. So I followed.

Entering, I realized not only there was this jukeboxes by the front, along with the tables, but a bunch of old fliperama games by the back. The place was actually really cool.

- So... how have you liked drama club yet?

- It's great. I do it mostly for fun - I answer honestly. - What about you?

I followed him to this table by the window, sitting in front of him.

- Well, as you probably know, I have been getting the lead roles since freshman. At first I didn't think much of it, but because everyone kept saying "you're so good", "you're the best", "you should pursue acting", "your acting made me emotional", and all that stuff, I started considering doing as a professional, because people always say it would be a waist of so much talent if I didn't, so I started taking acting very seriou-

Blah blah blah me, blah blah blah talent, where did I put myself into? This guy is so self absorbed, he's been talking about himself for like 5 minutes, and we've just got here. He can't possibly have had any dates before.

- Where was I? Oh right, my first play, do you remember? That bird scene-

I guess it's too late to tell this guy I have no idea who the fuck he is. Maybe if I let him ramble by himself, at some point he will stop. I hope so.

- Hi - someone interrupts Jake and I thank the heavens in my head.

- Hey guys! - Jake stands up, hugging someone I recognize, but can't put my finger on who it is, and Harry, my play partner, who apparently is here.

- Hey! Harry, right? - I knew his name, but asked anyway as if I wasn't sure.

- Niall! Jacob, from the play - he smiles, looking at me.

- Hi, I'm Louis, nice to meet you! - the other guy says, sitting by Jake, leading Harry to sit on my side.

- You too! You guys wanna order milkshakes?

They all nod. I raise my hand, calling the waitress.

- Wanna share one? - Jake looks at me, and I try not to frown.

- No really, but thank you - I try to say it gently. Not sure if it worked.

We all ordered our own milkshakes, and by the time I focused back on the conversation, Jake was already talking about himself. At least this time he was looking at Louis, which he seemed to be close to, not to me.

- Do you know him? - I whisper to Harry on my side.

- Kind off, but not really - he whisper back, with a confused tone.

- Is him always this annoying? - I said, closer to him.

- Probably - he says, and we both have to hold back the laughter, since the two in front of us seemed entertained with the conversation.

Well, the thing about double dates is you can always switch dated, right?

The night isn't ruined just yet.