9 - niall

Waking up in Liam's bed felt, honestly, kind off odd. More intimate than I would've liked it to be.

Sex last might was great, but that's not really news, the sleeping part was the one that threw me off. We cuddled... and that's not who we are. What we are. We fuck and that's basically it.

He wasn't even on the bed when the alarm went off, so I assumed he was eating or something. I put my sweatpants on just in case he had all the windows open downstairs, and came down without any shirt or shoes.

What I ended up seeing left me frozen at the last step, with both of his, I assume, parents sitting down at the dining table, eating coffee and staring at me.

- Liam! You didn't told us you had anyone over - his mother, I presume, said, looking at me up and down.

- Oh, I'm sorry. This is Niall, we've been hanging out - Liam answered from the kitchen like it was nothing, realizing I was there.

I gave them a phony smile, still standing on the same place, completely lost on what to do.

His parents were both analyzing me in silence when I decided to say something.

- Liam, don't we have to go? We will be late - I look at him, signaling with my body language that we should get the fuck out of there. He nods in agreement.

I hear them talking in the kitchen while I put the rest of my clothes in his bedroom, just so I wouldn't have to spend any unnecessary seconds in that situation again. When I come downstairs, he is waiting me with the front door open.

I was going to leave without saying anything, but his mom calls me.

- Niall! It was nice to meet you - she smiles, her husband nodding on her side.

I just smile in response and leave the house as fast as I can, hopping on the motorcycle after Liam does so.

- What the fuck, Liam? - I start before we even leave his porch.

- I'm sorry, they got home early - Liam responds louder, due to the noise of both the bike and now the wind.

- You could've warned me. I would go out the window or something! - I say, really mad at him.

- I mean, it didn't go this bad, you know. They didn't bug you or anything - he responds, completely oblivious.

- So? I didn't want to meet them!

- They're not homophobic or anything, Niall. They know I like guys too - Liam says like that's the problem, making me angrier.

- That's not what this is about, for fucking sake. You told them we were hanging out and we're not - I say louder than it needs to be, not really feeling like holding onto him but doing so anyways cause the bike was still moving.

- What did you want me to say? - Liam asks, annoyed, not really getting what I'm saying.

- That we're friends or something.

- Why? We're not.

- And neither are we hanging out - I let him go, since he has parked, getting out of the bike as fast as I can. - Now they are going to expect to see me there.

- Well, aren't they? We're always there - he also gets out of the bike, leaning on it as he looks at me.

- To fuck, and never when they are around - I respond, angry at him. Why is he acting like meeting his parents was not a big deal?

- You would meet them eventually...

- No, I wouldn't. I know barely anything about you besides your dick - I say, not wanting to have this conversation anymore. I don't get why all of the blue this jock is acting like meeting his parents it's something that I would eventually do. He must have misinterpreted the cuddling or something. - You know what, we'll talk later.

After I say that, I leave him behind, going to the school entry, where, surprisingly, Harry was standing.

- Waiting for someone? - I interrupt his thoughts, looking him in the eyes. He has very pretty ones, might I add.

- Um, not really - Harry responds, sounding kind off unsure but beginning to walk by my side anyways.

- So how was the walk yesterday? Windy? - I smile, trying to make small talk.

- I guess you could say that - he half smiles, looking at the halls. - So I saw you got here with Liam today, are you guys, like, a thing? - he continues, not really looking me back in the eyes, seeming a little shy for some reason.

- Me and Liam? - I laugh. - No, not at all.

- I just thought because he picked you up yesterday and everything...

- Yeah, yeah. We're not a thing - I smile at him, trying to figure out his mannerisms.

- Oh, okay - he responds just as the bell rings, interrupting us. - I have to go. See you at drama club?

- Of course! - I reassure, observing him as he leaves.

*****

When I see Liam and a bunch of jocks and cheerleaders approach my lunch table, I literally can not believe my eyes. But yeah, less then ten seconds later there they were, Liam sitting by my side.

- Liam...? - I look at him, completely oblivious on what the hell is he doing.

- You said you wanted to talk later. It's later - he looks at me like all of his friends and their girlfriends being there is completely normal. Side note: it's not.

I don't see it, but across the room Harry is staring at me like I'm the biggest liar there is.
I can't believe this is happening. God kill me now, please.