11 - niall

Drama club has been weird. I've been mostly rehearsing by myself because my partner, Harry, hasn't come in a couple weeks. I know he's ok because I've seen him in the halls, but since he has missed five very important days of rehearsal, Val isn't very happy.

He's also avoiding me, I have no clue on why.

But today he decided to show up, thank god because he was close to being kicked out of the play and who knows who would take his part. Liam would probably volunteer just so that he'd be around me and I don't feel like dealing with him. He became too clingy. I liked it better when it was more casual.

I'm also glad he is here, but by the look on his face he doesn't feel the same way. He looks at me like I just killed his dog or something, and I don't get where this all comes from. We've barely talked in days...

- Finally! - Val runs up to him, bearing her big startled eyes. - I was so worried, then angry, then disappointed! Where were you?

- I'm sorry, Val. I was just dealing with some things... - Harry responds, in a low voice.

- All is forgiven, but don't you dare miss another rehearsal. You've missed too much already - he grabs his arm, coming with him to the stage. - You have a lot to catch up. We're on scene twelve, and thankfully you're here because that's a very big Spencer and Jacob part. So chop chop, let's go!

Harry smiles at her, getting his script from his bag and then turning to look at me. The smiles fades away almost immediately. Before I can try to process whats going on, Val is already putting us in our spots to start the rehearsal. Soon enough, my part comes up.

- Spencer? You're here? - I walk to the middle of the stage, looking around as if I can't see Harry right in front of me. Val says to pretend the scenario is ready and that it will look reasonable when it is, but for now we all look crazy.

- You can't be here, Jacob - he says, looking at the script and then raising his eyes to me. For a moment our eyes meet and I can't help but to get nervous. He has really pretty emerald green eyes.

- And you think I dare to care what other's might think? - I continue, not needing to look at the script to know my lines, slowly walking closer to him as we keep looking at each other.

- You should. You being here, Jacob, is wrong - Harry continues, taking a step back and checking his line on the papers he was holding. He takes a long breath and, after a dramatic pause, looks back at my eyes. - We're wrong.

- There isn't a we yet - I look back at my lines, just to make sure, and then take another step in his direction. We're pretty close now, and I can almost feel his breath in my skin. Although we're acting, it feels intimate for some reason, like no one else was there. - But there can be, if you let me - I hold his shoulders, as it was indicated to do, and we stay in silence for a couple seconds. We are close enough that if a moved only a couple inches we would kiss. Knowing that'd be possible makes my heart race.

- S-Spencer - Harry says, probably noticing the same that I did. I can't avoid but look at his plump limps and wonder if he also looks at mine. I don't even notice when we come even closer to each other. I can feel his inconsistent breath in my face, and I know he feels mine. I notice how strong his upper body feels as I hold him, and for a moment I feel like he's going to hold me back. The silence is so big around us that I'm scared that he can hear my heartbeat, because I sure can. It feels like time stopped.

- That was great, boys! I'm glad you're still in shape, Harry - Val cuts us off, making me jump and Harry step back, eyes wide open.

At some point at the last minutes I had completely forgotten that I was in a stage surrounded by people. I'm not even sure I was acting, and I wanted to kiss him so bad. And if he were single, I would, no doubts, even with everyone around.

But he wasn't. So I couldn't.

*****

Thanks tinag929 for liking minutes after I posted! <3
I hope you guys are enjoying it!