Goblin slayers in another world!

Cana was ahead of everyone to scout areas to make sure there weren't any monsters like goblins nearby, Ruin and myself were in-between Garret and Justin, he wanted us like this so if we were attacked by surprise from front or back him or Justin being the main fighters can respond quickly. I'm glad I'm not at the very back, I feel like I would slow them down if I was.

It's been a day and a half and we haven't even reached the dungeon yet... How far away is it? I should've asked before we left, I'm definitely not going to be back in time for Yunyun at this rate... 

Cana appeared before Garret and said something to him, I couldn't quite here since I was closer to Justin than I was to Garret, Ruin might've heard something. Garret stopped walking and turned around to face us, he then started to speak.

"There's a small group of goblins that have settled near here, we're gonna take them out and use their camp."

Goblins? I'm not the biggest fan of them, mostly because of a certain show I watched back in my old world. 

"Lady Haru, you seem to be shaking, are you alright?"

Justin exclaimed loudly I was shaking? I really shouldn't be thinking about that show...

"I'm fine, it's just I've never fought goblins before..."

"Do not fret! I shall keep you safe! Goblins are no match for a holy knight!"

Justin practically shouted unsheathing his sword and pointing it towards the sky.

"Garret, I really feel like we should send this girl home, she's never goblins before, and everyone has gone against a goblin at some point."

The normally quiet Ruin actually spoke for once, the first time he speaks and it's telling me to go home, that's not good for confidence. Cana nodded her head in agreement to Ruin which caused Garret to speak up.

"Ruin, everyone has a first time against a goblin, there was once a time you had never been in a fight against goblins, remember? It just happens to be Haru's first time."

"Very well."

Ruin went back to being quiet and after Garret waited for a response which never came he told us to follow Cana.

We headed into the forest and I could smell burning, not from a forest fire but from a bonfire, a little ahead of us was the small goblin camp. There was a shoddy tower built with a goblin sitting on top of it probably to keep lookout, it didn't seem to be doing much of a good job about it since it seemed to be asleep. There was two goblins sat on logs which were around the bonfire and they were eating some meat. The were two more goblins which were laying down on grass opposite to the two goblins eating. Only 5 goblins in total, and the only armed goblin seemed to be the one on the tower which was asleep, the rest of the weapons were leant against a bigger log and they were wooden clubs and spears.

Garret and Cana did some sort of hand signal and then Cana jumped up into a tree, Justin put his hand on his swords hilt readying to take it out of its scabbard and Ruin was holding onto his staff with both his hand. Garret looked at me and spoke,

"Haru, Cana will drop a rock from that tree, that's the signal that she is going to jump down and kill the goblin on the tower, the two goblins that are eating will probably notice and run for their weapons which will cause the sleeping goblins to wake up, me and Justin will deal with the goblins that head for the weapons, I want you to take out at least one of the sleeping ones the moment we jump out to kill the other two, if possible take out the other sleeping one, if not don't worry, myself, Justin or Cana will have killed ours and can take out the last goblin. Make sure the last one doesn't get to Ruin, he's on standby ready to heal us if we get injured."

Garret explained his entire plan to me quickly and in an easy way to understand.

"Y-yes sir!"

Garret's face lightened a little and he smiled

"No need to call me sir."

I called him that by accident... Ahh that's so embarrassing! After he explained everything to me I headed over to a better spot to let a spell off to kill one of the sleeping goblins, Ruin followed me.

What spell should I use? If I use a blood ability they might find out I'm a vampire so that's a no go, I doubt Freeze Gust will kill and Lightning might attract other monsters. Fireball might set fire to a tree and cause a forest fire, which wouldn't be good. I guess I'll use Blade of Wind.

A rock fell onto the floor, that was Cana's signal, I quickly looked over to the tower and saw her jumping down from the tree and plunging her knife into the goblin which let out a loud squeal, this made the two other goblins look over and notice Cana, which they started to run over to the weapons like Garret predicted they would. Garret and Justin both popped out of the bush near the log were the weapons were, Justin sliced across the goblin chest which made the goblin fall over in pain, when the goblin was on the floor Justin stabbed it once again killing it. Garret's fist hit the Goblin right in it's face which sent it flying, Garret's fist was as big as the goblins face after all, this knocked out the goblin. The commotion from Justin and Garret woke up the two sleeping goblins. My time to shine! I popped out of the bush I was hiding in and yelled,

"Blade of Wind!"

This released a sharp blade of wind from my hands and sliced one of the sleeping goblins head, killing it instantly. The other goblin noticed me and grabbed a sharp looking stick that was on the floor near where it was sleeping and rushed towards me, I was about to ready another Blade of Wind when the goblin let out an incomprehensible growl which made me flinch, What the hell me? I was able to take out the other one easily! Don't get scared at this one! The goblin closed the distance some more!

"Bind!"

A skill was used which summoned a rope which tied up the goblin, the one who used the skill was Cana. After being tied up by the skill the goblin dropped to the floor and Cana came over and stabbed it in it's neck.

"This is why I didn't want to bring a newbie with us, they get startled at monsters such as goblins."

Ruin spoke up from behind me. He's right, I could've taken out that second goblin easily but I let it scare me...

"I-I'm sorry..."

I know Garret said it didn't matter if I wasn't able to take out the second goblin but all I could do was apologise.

"Now, now Ruin, don't be such a downer! I personally feel like Haru did a good job, considering it was her first encounter with goblins!"

Justin defended me as he stabbed his sword into the knocked out goblin which Garret punched. Ruin just looked at Justin with a look that didn't agree with Justin at all.

"She did all I asked her to do, I did say she didn't need to kill both goblins, just one. She did a good job. Now help me get rid of these bodies Justin."

Garret defended me whilst carrying two of the dead goblins on his shoulder, in the back Cana just looked at me and smiled whilst pulling out her knife from the goblin she saved me from, is she proud of me? or is she making fun of me? I wish I knew... 

After finally relaxing and the bodies all gone I sat down and sighed, closing my eyes and falling asleep slowly.

At least my first encounter with goblins wasn't terrible.