The Mission

A/N: It takes a little bit for there to be Bughead in this one shot so just bare with me we do get there eventually.
——————————————
Bettys POV
     Tabitha just called me saying she can't find Jughead. I know we aren't dating anymore but I can't help but be really worried. I told her I would be there ASAP. As I was driving I kept thinking what would have happened if I hadn't kissed Archie senior year and if we hadn't hooked up when we all got back to Riverdale. Come on Betty you shouldn't be thinking about this you have to find Jug.
——————————————-
Time jump
——————————————
Bettys POV
     I just got to Pops cause that's where Tabitha told me to meet her. I walked in and Tabitha immediately told me to sit down.
B:What happened?
T:So Jughead was having some writers block and he told me that last time this happened he ate these weird mushrooms and they helped him. I was hesitant at first but eventually I gave in. He told me to go to this bunker and that he would do it there. On that day I went and gave him a burger with the mushrooms cooked in and told him I would be back later. I went back a couple hours later and he was acting insane so I handcuffed him to a chair and I was gonna let him sleep until the mushrooms wore off, but when I went back the next morning he was gone and there was some blood on the handcuffs.
B:Oh my god. Did you touch anything in the bunker after you found out he was gone?
T:No.
B:Ok well then let's go to the bunker and see if we can find any clues.
T:Ok let me just close up then we can go.
——————————————
Time jump
——————————————
Bettys POV
We got to the bunker and all the memories came flooding back. All I could think about was how much I hurt Jug. Now knowing I might not ever see him again just makes me really upset. I think Tabitha picked up on this cause she came over to ask me what's wrong.
——————————————
Tabithas POV
     As soon as we got into the bunker Bettys mood drastically changed. Before she was obviously sad but she didn't really show it, but when we got down into the bunker her face went from a neutral expression to a big frown. I didn't know what to do so I walked over to her and asked what's wrong.
T:Hey Betty are you ok, you seem really upset?
B:It's just I hurt Jug a lot and the fact that I might never get to see him again just makes me feel really bad. I know that we have been broken up for a long time but truth be told... I still am madly in love with him. But it's not like I can do anything about, because even if we do find him, after what I did to him, I'm 100% he doesn't love me.
T:Betty, are you blind?! I see the way he looks at you. When you first walked in the dinner to get those chicken cutlets for your moms support group I could see the love in his eyes. He doesn't look at anyone else the way he looks at you. So when we find him you are gonna tell him how you feel. Ok?
B:Ok thank you Tabs
T:Your welcome. Now let's find Jughead.
B:Ok
——————————————
Time jump
——————————————
Bettys POV
     After looking around for awhile I saw something. It was a ticket from the Blue Velvet Video rave Jug and I investigated senior year.
B:TABITHA I FOUND SOMETHING!
T:What is it?!
B:It's a ticket to a rave Jug and I investigated senior year!
T:Do you think that's where he could be?!
B:It's possible!
T:Ok let's go
B:Let's just stop back at my house first. We don't want to go in there unarmed.
T:Ok but let's hurry up we don't know how much time we have left.
——————————————-
Time jump to Bettys house
——————————————-
Bettys POV
Once we got to my house I ran up to my room and gabbed two guns (one of them being Ms.Grundys cause why not). I was getting ready to go back downstairs when something caught my eye. It was Jugs iconic blue Sherpa jacket. I decided to put it on because it makes me feel safe and closer to the love of my life.
I grabbed the guns and jumped into the drivers side of the car.
——————————————
Time jump
——————————————
Bettys POV
It didn't take too long to get to the rave since it was right in Riverdale. There was no rave going on at the moment, so it just looked like a normal building, but I knew better than that.
B:Ok Tabitha we are going to walk up to that door over there very quietly, I'm gonna get ready to kick it down. Once I do I'll make sure there is no one in there then I'm gonna leave you at the door while I go look for Jug. If you hear me yelling come running cause that will mean I found Jug, and remember to only use your gun if it is absolutely necessary. Ready?
T:Yeah I'm ready
The girls walked up to the door and Betty kicked it down (like the bad ass she is), she looked around marking sure no one was around before leaving Tabitha to go look for Jug. She checks every room until she got to the last one. She broke the door down and there he was. The love her life. Jughead Jones was laying there unconscious while there was another man wearing a mask trying to jump out the window. Betty quickly shot the man and watched him fall to the ground. Tabitha must have heard the gunshot because she came running in. Betty was holding Jugheads head in her lap while she was called 911 (btw he was still breathing). Once the paramedics got there they got Jughead into the ambulance and Betty went with him while Tabitha stayed and waited for the police so she could find out who the man was.
——————————————
Time jump to the hospital
——————————————
     Betty was sitting in the waiting room. She called Archie, Veronica, and Cheryl. When Veronica got there Betty was sitting in a chair balling her eyes out.
V:B what happened?!
B:Jug was missing and we found him unconscious in a building. *keeps sobbing*
V:Oh B. Wait but why are you so upset?
At this point Archie and Cheryl have arrived.
B:BECAUSE I LOVE HIM *sobbing*
Veronica the an looks at everyone else with a concerned look in her eyes.
——————————————
Time jump
——————————————
Bettys POV
We she all been sitting here for a long time. Veronica and Cheryl have tried to get me to go home or go check on Tabitha but I refuse to leave. I was just sitting there thinking when I was pulled out of my thoughts by a doctor yelling.
(Dg=Doctor Green)
Dg:JUGHEAD JONES
I immediately stood up.
B:YES
Dg:Hello ma'am would you and your friend like to know what is wrong with Mr.Jones?
B:Yes please.
Dg:Ok so Mr.Jones doesn't have any major injuries. We think he just passed out from exhaustion. He isn't awake yet but he should be soon. Only one visitor at a time. 
A:You should go Betty
C:Yeah cousin you should go
B*nods*
I walk into the room and immediately go over and hold his hand. The second I start speaking I start to cry. 
B:Hey Jug, I know you can't hear me but I just need you to know that I am so very sorry for what I did to you senior year. I will never forgive myself for letting you go because the truth is I still love you. Even if you don't still love me.
I was about to continue when I felt something squeeze my hand. I looked and Jughead was awake.
J:Betty, I love you too.
B:You heard me?
J:Yes I heard everything and if you want I want to try and make us work.
B:I would love that Juggie *kisses him*

A/N:Tell me if you like this😁