Shallow

A/N: Guys, I've posted 2 days in a row! This is new. This oneshot is based of of when Chad and Veronica sang Shallow (p.s. I definitely don't ship Chad and Veronica but I thought that this would make a cute Bughead oneshot). I hope you enjoy and if you do don't forget to vote and give me some ideas. If some of the speaking parts aren't exact, sorry. I have been boycotting Riverdale (I basically decided I'm not gonna watch any Riverdale, besides the new episodes only on the night they premiere, until Bughead gets back together (I'm still reading wattpad stories and stuff like that I'm just not watching the show) I'm not sure what this is going to accomplish but it makes me feel better so😂
Bettys POV
"Next up is Betty Cooper singing Shallow!" Toni announces as I make my way up to the stage. I look into the crowd and I see one particular person staring at me. Jughead. I start to sing and while I stare into his eyes.
"Tell me something boy, aren't you tired tryin' fill that void?
Or do you need more? Is there something else you're searchin' for?"
I see Jughead start to look deeper into my eyes, almost as if he was trying to figure out if I was singing to him. Which I was.
"I'm falling, in all the good times I find myself longing for change
And in the bad times I fear myself,"
I was distracted, but something brings back into reality. It was Jughead, singing.
Jugheads POV
I knew she was singing to me. I know that look. No matter how much she thinks she's changed I still know her like no other. I'm listening to her sing as we are stare into each others eyes. This is when I start to sing as well.
"Tell me something girl, are you happy in this modern world
Or do you need more, ain't it hard keeping it so hard core
I'm falling, in all the good times I find myself longing for change, and in the bad times I fear myself"
God, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm enjoying it.
Bettys POV
"I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in, I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us, we're far from the shallow now"
This is the where we sing together and as I'm about to start I feel a set of arms being wrapped around. I feel this warmth that I haven't felt in the past 7 years. Jughead gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. So quick I don't even think anyone noticed. God I'm so glad Tabitha made sure he didn't drink tonight cause if he was drunk, I'm 100% he wouldn't remember this.
"In the shallow, shallow,
in the shallow, shallow
In the shallow, shallow
We're far from the shallow now"
Alright time for me to practically dream at the top of my lungs
"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa
I'm off the deep end watch as I dive in, I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface where they can't hurt us, we're far from the shallow now"
(They're both singing again now)
"In the shallow, shallow
In the shallow, shallow
We're far from the shallow now"
As we finish the song (Jughead has since unwrapped me from his arms) we are looking into each others eyes as he pulls me in for a passionate kiss, which of course I return. "Do you want head out and go back to my place?" I question. "Nothing would make me happier" he replies.
———————————————
Time Jump
——————————————
General POV
I'm not going to go into detail about what happened when the got back to Bettys, but let's just say they had a fun time.
———————————————
Time Jump
———————————————
Jugheads POV
I wake up the next in a room that I haven't been in in 7 years, and holding a girl that I haven't held in what felt like a lifetime. As she opens her beautiful green eyes i realize how much I still love this girl. "Hey Betts" I say as I stare at her in all her glory. I don't know she can wake up and already look this beautiful. "Hey Juggie" she says. I really don't want to potentially ruin this moment but there is something we need to talk about. "Betts can we talk about last night?" "Yeah, we probably should." she states with a sigh. "I just want to know how you felt about last night. I mean I know I thoroughly enjoyed it and it just made me realize how much I still love you." By the time I'm done talking Betty has tears in her eyes. "Jug, last night was probably the best night I've had in a very long time. I love you so much and I am so sorry for what I did in high school, I have regretted it ever since. All I want is to be with you, if that's what you want of course." As she is saying this I hold her close. "Of course I want to be with you. That's all I've wanted for the past 7 years." I pull her in for a kiss, and that kiss is what cemented a relationship filled with happiness that will last a lifetime.
A/N: I hope you all liked this story. It's probably one of the longest I've ever written.