Chapter # 36 - Reunion

Mark's POV

This past days, it feels like nothing happened. We just keep on leaving our life without thinking about Shane's remembrance of her past memories with Gino. It seems like she doesn't care that much anymore and spent most of her time with me and Serenity.

I admit that I'm happy. But right now, I'm more bothered about what's going on inside her head. I tried to talk to her about her memories or what other things did she remembered but she use the same habit of avoiding my questions. And kept quiet about it.

This attitude of hers both make me happy and scared at the same time. I'm happy that she choose to spent more time with me and serenity and showing her love and care towards us. But at the same time, I'm scared about her avoiding some of my questions that results to building up more questions in my head unanswered.

Digging through my thoughts, I felt a vibration through my phone and saw Gio texted me.

Gio A.:

Let's meet up later. Bring Shane with you. I want to see her. And I think meeting her now is okay, right? I heard from Justine that she remembered Gino. Reply ASAP

I looked at Shane for a minute who's currently playing with Serenity. I sigh heavily before replying.

To Gio:

Let's meet up at the Broad Forest Park at 3 pm

Sent~

After sending it. I walk closer to Shane and Serenity.

"How are my two ladies doing?" I said smiling widely.

"Dada look. I made Mommy's nails. It looks pretty." our angel said with a smile while showing Shane's nails filled with glitter polish.

"Wow baby. That is pretty" I commended and looked at Shane. 

I suddenly got chills when I saw her looking at me weirdly with a smirk. "Why don't you do Dada's nails too baby? It will look pretty" suggest nito sa anak.

I immediately back away and force a smile to serenity. "N-no thank you baby. Dada doesn't need a nail polish. And me and mommy are going out later. So you will be with tito Justine later to look after you for the main time. Is it okay baby?" 

"Where are we going?" tanong ni Shane.

"Were going to meet a friend" I simply said and smiled.

"Can't you take me too, Dada?" she said with a puppy eyes.

"I'd love to. But me and mommy need to talk adult stuffs so we can't really take you." pagpapaliwanag ko.

"Okay, Dada. I understand. But you need to bring me some pasalubong, okay?"

Natawa kami pareho ni Shane sa kakulitan ni Serenity. "Yes baby. Bibilan ka namin ni Dada ng maraming sweets" masayang sambit ni Shane.

Masayang tumawa naman si Serenity. Tinawagan ko narin si Justine para bantayan muna si Serenity. Mabuti na lang at wala itong masyadong ginagawa. Gumayak narin kami ni Shane at hinintay hanggat sa dumating si Justine.

"Hey... Sorry to bother you" I said.

"Nah~ It's not really a bother. I'm not that busy. Ikamusta mo nalang ako sa kanya." Sambit nito.

"Sure" I simply said before we head out and went to Broad Forest Park.

It only took a couple minutes to get there. And we arrive just in time. I've called Gio to know his location.

"Hey"  he answered.

"Where can we find you? 

"I'm here at the big tree. It's located at the right edge of the park" he answered.

"Okay. We'll be right there" I said and ended the call.

I looked at Shane and held her hand. "Let's go?" I asked and she nooded. We walk to the right edge of the park and found Gio sitting at a bench near the big tree.

"Are we late?" Tanong ko.

"Nope. I'm just early" he said and immediately look at Shane. "Hi Shane. Great to see you again" he said with a smile.

Shane smiled back and wrapped her hands on my arm.

"Nice to see you... Umm... Gio?-- Did I remember it correctly?" She ask acting shy.

Lumabas ang malalaking ngiti sa mukha ni Gio at tumango tango. "Tama! You remembered me... God! I can't believe it. I almost thought you wouldn't recognize me. Because the first thing I knew you remembered us when we were just a kid" He said laughing.

I hold Shane's hand and look at her. "I'll leave you guys for a moment to talk. Doon muna ako sa kotse. Just call me when you need me, okay?"

She nodded. I peck her check before looking at Gio and whispered to him... "You know the boundaries, man. You can talk about the past but never bring back those bad memories of her" I said with a threatening voice.

"Noted. Thanks again for letting me meet Shane again Mark" he said with a smile.

I just nod and smiled back and left them two alone to talk.

Gio's POV

Mark left us alone and it loos like Shane doesn't know what to do.

"Upo muna tayo?" Alok ko at naupo naman kami sa bench sa ilalim ng malaking puno.

"How are you?" Panimula ko.

"I'm Good. Better to be precise" she said with a smile.

"Umm... I don't know where to start. But I've missed you Shane. I jumped with joy when Justine informed me that you have a glimpse of remembering me."

She laughs. "Yeah... And I remember you acting as my punching bag back when we were kids" and she laughs.

I scratch the back of my head in embarrassment. "That was a very memorable moment" I said we stare at each other and laugh loud. Not remembering we are in public.

We stayed silent for a moment and I stare at her as her Face began to look serious.

"What's wrong Shane?" I ask worriedly.

Tumingin siya sa akin with a serious face. "I actually wanted to tell you something. And please never speak to anyone about this. Not even Mark. I beg you" She said almost tearing.

I was tuned, worried and scared at the same time. But I took a deep breath and hold her hand to calm her down and nodded.

She lowered her face and then she lod me the whole story.

~• to be continued •~

I'm Very very sorry for the really long break. It takes time for me to write this book again.

I've lost my inspiration and also thought I couldn't finish my book. But here I am trying to do my best and be me again.

Thank you so much for the patience my lovely readers. I hope you'll keep on supporting me.

I love you all❤️