Chapter # 34 - Bit by Bit

Gio's POV

The name is Gio, Gio Argente. I am Gino's elder brother. I am a business man. CEO of the AFT or the Argente's Furniture transaction and also the owner of the Agrente's Hotel. I've been living away from home since I still can't stand living with my brother. Our Step Mother often visit me and convince me to Go Home but I know that it's not the right time.

And now she's here to visit me again.

"How are you doing, Gio?" Tanong niya sa akin.

"I'm doing fine, Mom. How are you?"

"You know the answer to that, Gio. You two were keeping secrets from me. I just wish your dad was here with me but you know he still can't go home since He is really busy at our Company in Korea. Bilang lang ang araw na pwede siya umuwi para makasama tayo. At ilang araw land din natin siyang nakakasama since hindi pwede iwan ng daddy mo ang kompanya sa korea lalo pa't ngayong marami na tayong mga kakumpetensiya. So please, Gio. Just come home. I'm not comfortable when Gino is home with that Girl." Ng mabanggit niya yun ay sumama ang mukha niya.  And that made myself curious.

"Is there something that I don't know, Mom? May nangyari ba?" tanong ko sa kanay at mas lumapit sa kanya.

She shook her head. "I don't know. I don't know if I'm just hallucinating or what or its just my gut feeling." She said and stay quiet for a minute while I was waiting for the things she wanted to stay. 

"There's just something weird about your brother and that girl that I cannot understand. And I'm getting worried" she continued and that made me curious.

"Like what, Mom?" I ask.

Napailing siya. "I don't know. Ayoko manghusga pero, sasabihin ko lang sayo kung ano ang nakikita ko." she stopped for a moment. "Knowing that she is Gino's boyfriend. She doesn't seem like one to me. I mean, hindi siya katulad ng dati. His relationship with Shane was really different from the relationship with his new girlfriend now" she explained.

"Mom, baka naman nag hallucinate ka lng. Of course she will treat her new relationship differently. That is how it works" i said.

Tumango nalang siya ng kaunti bago muling tumingin sakin. "Just come back home, Gio. Okay? I'll be waiting" She said before standing and went out of my condo. I didn't even had the chance to say goodbye. I was left here curious.

I just didn't bother thinking and call Cian.

"Yow... Napatawag ka?"

" I need help with my stuffs. Help me fix it. I'm moving back to the house."

"Really now? Nagkabati na kayo ng kapatid mo?" parang may pagdududa sa bosea nito.

Napailing ako. "No. It's Mom again. You know."

"Ohh that. Yeah okay. Do you want me to come now? I can skip the meeting with my Dad" sambit nito.

"Ulol wag na. Di naman ako nagmamadali. You can come tonight para late narin ako makauwi sa bahay. I still can't go to fact of seeing him."

" I get it. Okay, I'll come tonight after my work. You owe me now okay?" paalala pa nito.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I still have work to."

"Oh yeah. That reminds me. I need to show you some papers about the project that Dad's offering."

"Bring it tonight. I'll just read it tomorrow. I need to go now."

"Sure dude. Bye"

And the call ended. I immediately went to take a shower and went to the office.