Chapter 1

"It's positive!" Cora joyfully exclaims, jumping into her husband's arms. Although the movement takes him by surprise, Andrew catches her effortlessly, hands firmly gripping the back of her thighs. Her unrelenting excitement radiates through her body and into her husband's, filling him with secondhand delight. The sheer intensity of the emotions coursing through the couple proves to be something that neither could have fathomed. "We're going to have a baby," Cora silently whispers against Andrew's ear, her lips gently caressing his stubble-free skin as she speaks.

Even though he can't see her face, Andrew can feel the smile currently gracing Cora's delicate features. He can almost hear it in her voice, the way her lips curve up at the corners. It lights a new warmth within him, knowing how utterly ecstatic Cora is to be sharing this experience with him. He can't stop himself from reveling in the glorious moment, enjoying the closeness that this situation has brought between the two of them.

They're going to be parents.

After several years of unsuccessful attempts, they're finally going to have a baby.

"I love you," Andrew quietly murmurs, clutching Cora's figure more securely against his own. He relishes the way she clings to him as if she never wants to let go. As if she's content to remain wrapped in his arms for eternity. He isn't entirely sure that he would object to such an idea, especially given the current circumstances. He's never felt closer to Cora than he does in this very moment, the promise of a child binding them together in a way they have never been before.

Cora pulls back from the intimate embrace enough to look into Andrew's hazel eyes, her icy blues sparkling with irrefutable happiness. "I love you," she replies. Her overwhelming appreciation is clearly expressed in her words; it's in the thrill of her tone, in the fulfillment dancing across her face. Her voice eager and full of anticipation, the woman squeals, "I can't believe it's finally happening!"

At this moment, Andrew Dalton couldn't be more pleased. The picture-perfect life that he has so wildly attempted to obtain is undoubtedly cemented into existence now that his wife is with child. The satisfaction of this realization has his insides buzzing with absolute exhilaration. Lost in his thoughts, Andrew hardly notices when Cora disentangles her limbs from his and flees from the room. The thundering footsteps rushing up the stairs of their cozy, yet rather luxurious, home seem to distract him from his daydream, thrusting him back into reality. Immediately, he follows after her, the sound of Cora's heavy footfalls leading him to the room currently being used as a home office.

Andrew's eyes swiftly rake over Cora's body as she lingers in the open doorway of the room. Her long, blonde hair is disheveled; her form-fitting blouse wrinkled, probably from launching herself at him earlier. The swell of her ample breasts rises and falls with every content inhale and exhale. Cora's skirt lays perfectly over her slender waist, curvy hips, and luscious backside. When his eyes find her face, Andrew notices that her wide, bright smile seems to light up her whole expression, casting a soft glow over her features. He is confident that he has never in his life seen anything more enchanting than the sight presently before him. Completely entranced by the vision of beauty that is Cora Dalton, Andrew is quick to take her in his arms once again, this time with the intention to pleasure her.

As his lips dance across the expanse of her neck, Cora unconsciously tilts her head to the side, allowing easier access to her exposed skin. Tenderly, Andrew's mouth trails downward, eliciting a quiet moan from her. Her eagerness eggs him on, urging his hands to follow suit and take the opportunity to join his lips and tongue in exploring the seductress as he presses himself more firmly against Cora's back and ushers her inside. Hurriedly entering the room, the two stumble over one another as they carelessly discard each other's clothes. Cora's fingers fumble against the buttons on Andrew's dress shirt, her entire being overwhelmed with desire for him. Andrew presses against her, the prominent bulge in his slacks causing her to whimper. Consumed with hunger, Cora places her hands on either side of the shirt's opening and pulls, sending the stubborn buttons flying throughout the room.

Andrew can't stop the chuckle from escaping him at the apparent desperation displayed by his wife. Her enthusiasm to get to the main event of the evening only increases his own. Grasping Cora by the hips, Andrew sets her on top of the desk. He gives little regard to the stacks of papers spread across the surface, haphazardly knocking them to the floor in his haste to devour her. No words are exchanged between the pair as they heatedly fall into a passionate rhythm, their bodies joining together and becoming one. Andrew's fingertips caress Cora's skin lightly, making sure to stimulate all of her most sensitive places. Throughout the years of their marriage, he was attentive to learn every single one. Cora's gasps and moans promptly fill the room as she comes undone from his touch, both finding ecstasy within each other.

Descending from their mutual euphoric high, Andrew rests his sweaty forehead against Cora's. Taking in several deep breaths, he gently brushes her damp hair from her face before whispering, "I think that this room will make a lovely nursery."

Her eyes wide, Cora can't suppress the smile threatening to overtake her face. A nursery, she thinks to herself. They're really going to be parents.

As she marvels at the thought of becoming a mother, Andrew allows his gaze to roam over her once more. In Andrew's opinion, some higher power has blessed him in the wife department. Not only is Cora a stunning woman, but she is precisely what one might define as the perfect catch. She undoubtedly fits within the picture-perfect life that Andrew so ardently longs to achieve. And now, with a baby on the way, they'll be the perfect little family. He had been confident when he married her that Cora would help him fulfill his dream of having a seemingly perfect life. He had known that she was the right choice to add to the illusion of flawlessness that he so dutifully exuded, understood that she would excellently play the role of the beautiful and loving wife. The thought that she may end up disappointing him had never even crossed his mind.

He certainly made out well with his decision.