9

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

The sound of the doorbell causes me to fall off the couch and collide face-first into the carpet, waking me up instantly; however, Taehyung just barely stirs in his sleep.

I stand up on my feet, groaning annoyed, and rub my face from landing so hard on the ground. I walk to the front door and peek outside the window and see my neighbor.

Panic seeps into my nerves. I'm not Park Y/N right now...I'm him. I'm only nervous because this is the craziest neighbor in the world. She's older and gossips all the time, even calling the cops if she thinks there's even a slight problem. I spin around and go directly to Taehyung, shaking him awake. He jumps a little, eyes going wide before yelling.

"It wasn't me-"

"Shut up, you need to wake up and get rid of her." I deadpan, getting the point over to him.

"Wait, who?" A hint of worry hides in his eyes, but I brush it off.

"My insane neighbor," I explain, helping him up and fixing his disheveled hair. "She's at the door." I wipe away some drool that's on the corner of his mouth.

"Why? She's not my neighbor-"

"Get rid of her, or else I'll go confess your undying love to the first girl I see from our school-"

"Okay, okay!" Taehyung stops my train of thought. "I'll do it, damn woman." He starts walking to the door, but he looks over his shoulder at me. "But tonight we have to do the delivery too." I roll my eyes from his lie again.

"Can you give it a rest already? I know you're just trying to scare me, but it's not working so enough." I go over and throw myself down on the couch, acting like Taehyung.

Taehyung groans annoyed when walking the rest of the way to the front door. Gently, he opens the door, coughing a little.

"Hello, *Cough* I'm a little *Cough* *Cough* under the weather." He fakes, covering his mouth with his elbow every time he does it.

"Oh, you poor soul." She says, pushing open the door and walking inside carelessly. "It's probably because you hardly wear any clothes when you leave the house." She admits, walking into the living room with her head held up high and mighty. I hate her.

When I mentioned she's crazy, I meant it. She'll walk right into anyone's house and act like she lives there herself, and yes, it's illegal, but no one will call the cops because she's an old lady. Still, everyone tries avoiding her because she runs her mouth at the beauty salon about the gossip she finds out in our neighborhood.

She stops in the middle of the room, glancing at me with a coldness behind those icy, old eyes of hers.

"Why is there a boy here?" She keeps her gaze on mine, holding her purse tightly as if in shock from my presence.

"Uh-" Taehyung shuts the door quickly and walks to her slowly, unsure of how to exactly interact with her.

"I'm here to help her with summer homework." I stand up, but her eyes travel down my body.

"Without pants? And you too..." She turns to look at Taehyung. She sighs. "Y/N, your mother would be ashamed if she knew you were sleeping with boys at your age."

I want to correct her and say it's none of her damn business, even if I haven't slept with anyone yet, but it pisses me off how she barely knows me but acts like she can lecture me because she's older.

"We didn't," I walk up, defending myself because I don't want her thinking we had sex and telling everyone. "Trust me, I would never in a billion years touch that."

"That-is a beautiful, young lady! I can't believe you're sleeping with such a scoundrel!"

"Enough!" Taehyung steps in. "We never had sex or even did anything remotely close to it, not that it's any of your business, but you don't need to go run your mouth as most old women do. Just because your life is almost over doesn't mean you can come into ours and start stuff because you deemed yourself old enough to judge, but when in truth, you've probably done stuff like this all the time when you were our age."

"Oh, well, I-I-"

"I-I-nothing. I think it's time you leave." Taehyung doesn't hold back, telling her off. She might be older, but Taehyung sure doesn't hold any grudge for what he's saying to her.

She doesn't say anything, but her mouth is wide open in shock when she leaves. It's like she can't believe someone talked back to her. Normally, I don't talk back to my elders, but in this case, I couldn't blame anyone for it.

Once she's gone for good, I turn to him. "Thank you,"

"I don't need to hear that from you. We're not friends, remember?"

Ouch, but oh well. I ignore him and head to the bathroom and put on the pants that I found in Jimin's room last night. They didn't fit perfectly, but they'll work in the meantime.

After walking back into the living room, I honestly have no clue what to do. Taehyung's sitting on the sofa, ignoring me too.

Suddenly, a thought hits me. It's the perfect time to be finding out what's wrong with us.

I put on the shoes I wore yesterday, which are still a little damp. I tell Taehyung to stay here and that I'm going out to look for answers.

"What if I get hungry or bored?" He calls back.

"Kitchen and tv. That's all you need." I rush outside the door, leaving him alone.

I need to go to the library. I have to start somewhere and staying at home and waiting until something magically happens isn't going to work.

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

The whole day I stayed at the library. I read countless books that I thought would have answers for whatever this strange phenomenon is but sadly, nothing popped up. Just in case, I checked out some books that were similar occurrences.

I probably should've brought a bag because carrying books in one hand while steering a bike with the other wasn't easy in the slightest, not to mention when the big hill came.

Grunting, I finally make it back home. The boys' bikes still aren't home and neither is Mom's car.

The daylight is disappearing, letting this side of the world know that night is arriving soon.

After parking my bike, I walk to the porch and open the front door. The sight I see right after taking one step inside the house is hilarious.

I see Taehyung sitting on the couch with his face green from some green tea, facial cream, and a white towel wrapped around the top of his head. His toes are painted, spread apart by a black divider with the smell of freshly open nail polish. He's laughing while watching some television drama.

I stand in the doorway, completely frozen to my spot from the sight.

"Oh, you're back," Taehyung speaks up, still laughing.

"Yeah..." I don't know how to respond to any of this, so I just calmly give him a few moments to stop laughing before doing or saying anything. "You know what, no, this isn't a yeah moment," I mumble, then I slam the front door. "Taehyung, what the fuck are you doing to me!"

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀