16

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

My legs are moving as fast as they possibly can, hurrying outside toward the side of the house. Nobody's around, which is perfect because I won't be mocked; however, people will still remember me as the girl who threw up at that big party over the summer...thanks Taehyung.

I sigh, glancing around the side and looking for the water hose.

As soon as I spot the green hose, I turn the knob and splash the cool water on me, washing off the vomit. I groan in disgust, holding the edge of the shirt away from me to try and get it all off.

I hear feet coming closer, and soon I see Taehyung dash around the corner. Did he follow me?

He starts to speak. "Please don't leave, I-" Then he pukes again before he can finish talking, holding the side of the house, while the rest leaves his system. Well, it's better outside than in that tiny space.

I don't say anything to him, the stench too strong for me to even voice any words right now. The shirt is ruined or at least I don't feel like carrying back a vomit-smelled top the whole way back to his house. I walk over and turn the water off, deciding it's best to just throw the shirt in the trash, which is what I plan to do.

I take the shirt off, leaving only the black tank, which shows a little bit of the tattoos but not a whole lot, considering how most of them are on his chest and back anyway.

He eventually stops puking, spitting to try and get the taste out of his mouth when he's finished.

I come up, rubbing his back to help him ease down. "Thank you..." He mumbles, starting to stand up, and I help him. After trying to take a few steps, he can't, so I end up carrying him on my back. I throw away the shirt in the garbage can and walk back inside the party, going to one of Hoseok's guest rooms upstairs.

Thankfully, no one's inside the room, which was the last empty one. I gently sit Taehyung on the bed and go lock the door. "I'll get you some water." I walk into the bathroom and pour him a cold glass of water from the sink.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung walks in weakly, sitting on the edge of the tub and holding his head. "I don't know why I've been so weird today." He sighs.

I smile, handing him the water. "Hey, that wasn't weird. Everyone has to cry sometimes, okay?" I tell him, which helps him calm down.

He looks away with embarrassment. He won't even meet my eyes.

"Taehyung, tell me about your past," I ask this because it'll take his mind off of what happened downstairs. "Tell me about Sylvia and what you meant in the living room earlier about how I left." He turns to me with big, round eyes.

That seems to stop his worry because the next thing he's asking for is a piece of gum. "If I'm going to tell you about my past," he pauses to take a few sips of the glass of water. "Then I need to get this nasty taste out of my mouth."

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

After a few minutes of calming his nerves, he starts talking.

"Yoongi and Jungkook are the only ones who know my past. And now you will too. I only ask for you to keep it a secret." He says seriously before continuing.

"I promise, I won't use something like this against you. You're only telling me so we can try to switch back." I admit. He nods, thanking me for keeping this a secret.

We both sit in the dry bathtub, legs hanging out over the edge, and backs pressed against the cold tiles. I brought the pillows and covers from the bed in here to be more comfortable. He wanted to stay in here in case he got sick again, so we just made camp in the bathroom, while the partygoers go hard downstairs.

"I was around thirteen." He breathes slowly, gathering his nerves. "I had just got done playing with you. I went home, and everyone was yelling. I didn't know why until I saw my real dad in our house. He was trying to take me with him, but Mom wouldn't let him." He starts to bite his lip but continues.

"The screaming got so bad that my stepfather even started a literal fight with my dad. My sister was yelling for her dad to win and beat him harder. Mom was smirking...she liked seeing her old husband on the ground in pain and that's when I knew that the people I was living with weren't right." He shuts his eyes for a moment.

"My dad got kicked out, I ran upstairs to my room and watched my dad drive away through my window. I was hurt and upset. After it was dark outside, I snuck out and ran away." He keeps his eyes closed as if remembering.

"I ended up on the doorstep of Jungkook's place-I didn't know him before then. They let me in, and I stayed with them for a week. I told them I didn't have a home, just so I wouldn't have to go back home because I was so angry at my mom for not letting me go with my dad."

"I thought they were letting me stay there out of the kindness of their hearts, but I was wrong. Jungkook's dad started making me do the runs to certain people, and I would bring back the money. I stayed with them for a week, and you know...the saddest part is that my mother never once came looking for me or called the police? She just didn't care. Everything was already fucked by then though. I was already running on the streets for Jungkook's father, and I owed him, or else I could get badly hurt if I stopped. When I was a little older, I become part of the gang-Jungkook's father's gang. I started working for Jungkook's dad for real after that. His father deals drugs, and I have to help deliver them. Yoongi found out about what I do because I was delivering some drugs to his own brother..." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

"So those tattoos you have-"

"The money is what I fight every day to have, so I can be able to live on my own. I get paid a lot for doing these runs because they're risky, especially in our town. The guns represent my life-because in my eyes, if you don't live for yourself, then you're only living to die by the people that control it and that's not me. I strive every day for another beginning where I lead my own life." I gently touch his shoulder.

"Taehyung, you were a child. That's-that's messed up."

"If that's not worse, then after I finally came back home, my mother decided that I needed to get married after I graduated high school because I needed to calm down and grow up. She used the excuse for me running away to plan an arranged marriage because she can get more money out of it. That's all she thinks about is money."

After a few minutes pass in silence, I ask another question.

"Where do I come in then?" I say, wondering why he said how I left him.

"You never went outside until years later. You stayed up in your room and never wanted to see me after that. That's what Jisung said-your cousin. I was alone and felt miserable." He looks down, not meeting my eyes.

"Jisung is such an ass. You said we were thirteen? I didn't go outside because our father left us. I was heartbroken and didn't want to have fun anymore. I was depressed for months after that until I started taking medication to help with it." I explain, remembering how no one but the people in my family knows. "I wasn't ditching you, Taehyung. I swear if I knew what was happening to you, then I would've gone out and spent time with you. I never understood why you hated me after I started hanging out with you guys again, I just thought you were being a jerk to me because you didn't like me. I had no clue it was because of something so...twisted." I admit, looking far off.

"It's in the past and at least now we know our problems. Our dads left, you dealt with depression, and I was forced to break the law...childhood ruined instantly." We both sigh, making us softly laugh at the same action.

"Anyway, now that you know, you can't tell anyone...Jungkook's dad could come after you. I told the same to the guys."

"I won't. I won't say a word. I just can't believe something...actually, I don't even have words. You were forced to deliver drugs because you knocked on the wrong house and had your life changed forever." Taehyung chuckles sarcastically after hearing my words.

"Welcome to my fucked up reality."

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀