15

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

She's the spitting image of what wealth should look like on a girl my age, even her name screams rich. Her name is Sylvia Cove, none other than the daughter of the richest man from miles around.

I was reminded of who she is before the meeting ever started, which was only the minor shock that I was yet to receive.

The meeting ended up lasting an hour. Despite them calling it business, it wasn't. The meeting was about when the date for Taehyung and this girl's marriage was going to be. Honestly, I'm shocked.

My mind was buzzing with hundreds of questions throughout the meeting, wanting nothing more than to run upstairs and ask Taehyung if he knew about this or not.

But thankfully, when the meeting is over, and they leave, I do just that. I rush upstairs and find Taehyung laying down on his stomach, swinging his legs in the air, and reading a comic book on the bed.

"You have some explaining to do!" I rush inside, locking the door behind me. "You're getting married?" The words fall out of my lips.

This stops his cheerfulness. He shuts the book and sits up. "It's...a long story." He rubs his neck. "And it's something I don't want to talk about right now." He explains, standing up from the bed. "Well, we should probably go. Hoseok's throwing his party tonight." Taehyung changes the topic, putting on his shoes and walking to the window. "Ready?"

"Seriously! You're thinking about that? His party can wait-"

"No, it can't. He will be wondering where we are. Come on, we're going to hang out before the party." I wave him off.

"Why would I want to hang out with you?" I scoff.

"Because you're curious about me. I know you want to know all my secrets, and I'm willing to share because maybe we'll switch back after we know everything about each other, right?" He questions, eyeing me over his shoulder with a gentle shrug. "It's better to try than not to at all." Then he smirks, climbing out of the window.

I know he's right. We won't turn back by doing nothing, so I walk to the window and climb outside too, even if going to a party is the last thing I want to do right now.

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

First, we went to a coffee shop where he said he would tell me his secrets later on, then we went to a nearby park, which he said the same thing. An hour after that, we went to the docks and so on and so on. By the time I had enough of him dragging this out, it was already the end of the day.

The sun was setting, and Taehyung still said nothing about himself. When I brought it up again, he cut me off by saying it was time for Hoseok's party.

If he was going to play hard to get, then fine. He can't hold it back forever. It might be difficult for him to spill but he needs to, or we could be trapped in each other's bodies for the rest of our lives. I mean, this is the only thing we can try.

I don't push him any further, deciding it would be better to ask once we arrive at the party.

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

With every step we take, we come closer to Hoseok's house. Despite his parents wanting him to be a good kid, he still does what any other kid would do when their parents are away.

Once Taehyung and I make it to the party, we already see dozens of cars parked out on the neighborhood street. Music is blaring, and lights of every color are flashing throughout the house. It was one of Hoseok's bigger parties.