13

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

The second the door locks, I feel completely out of my comfort zone. It's not because I'm in a mansion, pretending to be Taehyung, or because of everything that transpired earlier-no, I'm nervous because of this crazy woman that's his mother.

She comes up to me, grabbing my chin, and turns my face side-to-side, while she inspects me. I hold her dark gaze, now realizing where Taehyung obtained the expression, and I wait until she's finished.

She scoffs and releases her hold, taking a puff of her cigarette and stepping back, her high heels clicking on the marble floor. For it to be late, she's dressed like she's waiting for someone. She's wearing a black, silk dress with straps that go over her shoulders. It's a short dress without sleeves.

"You used a condom, right?" She turns and walks away, bringing her hand up and doing a follow me motion with her index finger in the air. She keeps her eyes forward, not looking at me, and steps into the wide, living room. "We don't need any accidents happening." She speaks softly, sitting down on the white sofa comfortably and relaxing her legs on the cushions.

She's extremely young to be a parent, especially to have a child Taehyung's age. She either had him when she was a teenager or has had a lot of plastic surgery-or maybe she just has a young face? Either way, she looks beautiful, to be honest; however, her attitude is nothing but ugly.

I gulp, remembering she's talking to me. "We didn't do anything-"

"Oh, come on, Taehyung. When I was your age, I was already having sex. It's normal for guys your age to want to pleasure a girl, just remember not to fall in love-that will only complicate things." She speaks.

When I start to say something along the lines of going to bed, she puts up a finger to her lips, shushing me when a tv show comes on the flat screen in front of her.

❀ ༻•༺ ⊰ • ✿ • ⊱ ༻•༺ ❀

The show lasts over an hour long. She made me watch it with her, telling me to sit still and pay close attention. She said words like "This is how men should be treating women." And "One day, you're going to look up to your wife and treat her like a goddess."

Honestly, it didn't sound so bad. Women deserve to be treated like queens; however, men shouldn't be bowing down to them-and neither should women. Everyone should treat their partner as equals, not one putting the other on top of a pedestal.

"That's why I left your father." She begins, muting the tv. "He was too...poor. I loved him, but he didn't care about spending money on me. I couldn't stay with him any longer, and we were barely even living anyway." She sighs, glancing around the mansion she now resides in.

So she left Taehyung's father because he didn't have enough money to spend on her?

She can see the way my mind is running through questions-questions she's not in the mood to hear.

"Anyway," she leans forward from the sofa, putting her fourth cigarette out into a heart-shaped, glass ashtray. "You should go upstairs, shower, and get to bed. Your meeting is tomorrow morning, and I have company coming over in a little while." Then she shoos me off like some pet.

Does she treat her kids like this? Wait, Taehyung has a sister, right? Does she get treated the same way?

I don't waste any time thinking further about his family. I quickly stand up and head for the fancy staircase that's in front of the door that I just came through.

When I walk back next to the front door, his mom calls me. "Oh, and Taehyung," She breathes almost in a daze, eyes locked on the cigarette butt that's in the ashtray. "Be good and don't cause any trouble tomorrow." Then her eyes meet mine sharply, almost as if sending a warning right through me.