With Sarah

Here's another interview with one of the Watt-A-Decade winners - With Sarah, who is also known as missxxawkwardxx on Wattpad. Read her winning story Raindrops!

☕☕☕

Welcome to the interview! 

Tell us something about you, Sarah!

A ninety-one-year-old boring woman trapped in the body of a nineteen, that's who I am. 

I live in the past even if my memory is too fragile to remember history and to observe how youngsters handle emotional overflow while laughing in mockery or gawking in adoration is what I'll humbly accept as my hobby. 

Oh wait, did I mention about the fragility of my memory? If I didn't, well, now you know how terrible it is.

When and how did you discover Wattpad?

Actually, I discovered about the existence of Wattpad a long time ago, maybe when I was around fourteen...? I don't remember the exact day and how I came across this paradise of an app, (curse my memory and not innocent me, please) and now I don't even remember the name of my first Wattpad account. (Yeah, it's the forgetfulness kicking in for the millionth time already, or, maybe I actually lost count of it's appearance...)

When did you start writing and what does writing mean to you?

Second question first, writing means the world to me. Yeah, sounds cliché and expected, but it's the truth. Come to think of it, I actually had an amazing way to explain what writing means to me just a second ago, but, yeah, my memory is not my strongest sense, in case I forgot to mention it before. 

I started writing around the time I discovered Wattpad, and the first story I ever wrote... Well, let's just say it was so terribly awful and cringe-worthy that I can't even take a look at it without gagging. 

(Yup, I have all of my not-so-amazing writings stored safe and secure, not in my head but in the garbage bin.

What inspired you to write your Watt-A-Decade winning story?

The scene the couple had under the rain in Daphne du Maurier's Jamaica Inn, that's what inspired me to write 'Raindrops'. In fact, most of my stories are inspired by Daphne du Maurier, while some, I'll admit, are shamelessly similar to her works, the consequences of reading them repeatedly with no end.

Do you have a favourite part in your winning story that you would like to share? If yes, tell us why! 

Umm... I don't know if it's normal to be fangirling over my own story scene, but, I'm absolutely obsessed with how the guy pretended to not know her name and then revealed it later, hehe. I don't even know why I find it irresistibly adorable when I'm the one who made it up. 

What did you like about the Watt-A-Decade event the most?

10. I love how it's been exactly 10 years and I was lucky enough to witness the decade unfold.

Thank you for the interview! Congratulations on winning Watt-A-Decade's writing contest!