With Jane

Here's another interview with one of the winners of Watt-A-Decade - With Jane, who is known as JaneQuill28 on Wattpad. Read her winning story 10, 9, 8!

☕☕☕

Hi, Jane! Tell us something about you!

I'm retired, like reading, writing, movies. I like to read fantasy, science fiction, mystery, non-fiction, horror/thriller, and humor, among other genres.

When and how did you discover Wattpad?

I'd meet with a writers' group at a bookstore, and check out the books between writing sprints. I spotted a book about Wattpad, bought it, read it and joined Wattpad.

When did you start writing and what does writing mean to you?

I started writing short stories, when I was 21 (c. 1975). I like stories - written, movies, telling stories, and so on. I'd write, if I was the only one reading my writing, although sharing writing is wonderful.

What inspired you to write your Watt-A-Decade winning story?

The prompt in the Watt-A-Decade contest gave me the premise for the story, '10, 9, 8...' I was able to find the beginning, middle, and end, and the characters appeared.

Do you have a favourite part in your winning story that you would like to share? If yes, tell us why!

One favorite part might be, when Old Lucas talks about Teddy Roosevelt hunting at Wolf Lodge and warning that the place is not right.

What did you like about the Watt-A-Decade event the most?

I liked writing for the prompts and the chance to read others' works.

Thank you for the interview! Congratulations on winning Watt-A-Decade's writing contest!