With sloanranger

Welcome to the 2nd interview we did in March 2016, We interviewed sloanranger, the author of Penny's From Heaven. It is a short story on how age does not matter when true love appears before your very eyes. A penny for your thoughts is a common saying that might go a long way.

What inspired you to write your short story "Penny's from Heaven"?

It's been awhile, but I believe this story was written in response to a romance story contest on Wattpad. I do not recall the prompt right now, though.

Do you have a favorite part or quote in your book that you are quite fond of?

It's a very brief story and nothing striking comes to mind regarding quotes. Here's one thought: "A woman got out of the car and the scent in the air changed from jasmine to Chanel. Frank turned abruptly to look at her."

How long have you been writing your wonderful stories?

I've been writing on and off since I was about eleven but seriously, I guess for about the past 12 or so years.

Do you consider a penny as a good luck charm, since you're characters Frank and Penny met in later years? It was also interesting on how you tied the story with Frank Sinatra's song. Was there a reason for that?

Oh, yes – I do absolutely; more and more all the time. I'm elated when I find a penny at my feet or anywhere nearby, nowadays. It is incontrovertible truth to me that I am on the right 'path' that day & that the 'angels' (or my ancestors) are pleased with my progress. It is more than a lucky penny for me – it's a blessing.

Well, I usually try to find an accompanying song or video that goes more-or-less with the piece I've written - a picture, or music video or film clip.

As far as Sinatra goes –I reckon that he likely had the most recordings of that particular song "Pennies from Heaven," which closely tied into my title: "Penny's From Heaven."

The fact that they are both named Frank (Sinatra & my protagonist), may be a coincidence – or not.

What do you like best about writing on the Wattpad site?

Besides giving me a platform for my work, there are two things I'm really grateful to Wattpad for: the first is all of the wonderful people and writers that I've met here and the real friendships I have made.

The second is the sheer inventory volume I've been able to accumulate writing for WP and the fact that, that practice has made me a better writer.

She has met so many wonderful writers; but in keeping touch with some great story writers she knows: her shout outs include CarolinaCSabiha_XMarilynKing6MJLevittKatherineArleneDebbieGoelz, and HardeeBurger.

And thank you again sloanranger for allowing us to interview for the month. Your works are simply a treasure!

Her story can be found here.

Signing off,

– The Coffee Community

March 2016 interview