With TastyWords16

Welcome! As we changed into a new format the summer of 2016, the team put our thinking caps on as mysteries evolved around us.

A lady detective! Yes, we're lucky to interview TastyWords16, author of Vanishing Evidence.

This book can be found here.

We want to congratulate the author too for being a runner up in the ABA contest!

Okay, we think that fits right! So without further ado let us welcome her to the table!

Hello, Keine! (virtually shakes hands)

1. What motivated you to be a writer?

For quite some time I've wanted to become a writer, it wasn't until the summer of twenty fifteen when I started taking my writing seriously. My ultimate motivation for writing is to touch the hearts of my audience and inspire them. I want them to feel the emotion I'm putting out. But of course, I also want them to feel like they're reading an intriguing mystery story.

2. Which writers inspired you?

Many writers inspire me. Arthur Conan Doyle is one of my biggest inspirations. But kameharu_x, KiteWaltzRyder, and ProjectMyst have inspired me to become better as well. They're all magnificent writers on Wattpad, and they give me the determination to do better.

3. Do you always love writing mystery stories as your character Detective Kaine Kiln does to solve a difficult case?

The mystery has become my forte. There's nothing I love more than a well-thought-out problem with a satisfying solution. I love becoming both the detective and the mastermind as I write my mystery stories.

4. Where do your ideas come from?

I gather bits and pieces from all sorts of things around me. For example, when I wrote Vanishing Evidence I was inspired by the film Mr.Holmes. But I also took parts of my life, ideas/themes from The Theory of Everything, and experiences from the Sherlock Holmes exhibit at Denver Nature and Science Museum to create Vanishing Evidence. I just gather interesting sights, sounds, and experiences and put them into the form of a story.

5. What do you like best about writing on the Wattpad Site?

I like getting feedback! Comments and suggestions only push me to become better. I don't feel like I'm in the dark, I'm very connected to so many brilliant people!

Also, I'm very glad you like Kaine and her story! I hope you enjoy the rest!

And thank you TastyWords16 for your wonderful answers.

~~ The Coffee Community

July 2016 Interview