53 - Köfteler

Sanem

It doesn't seem true to me that the situation finally smoothed out.

I had dreaded the moment of confrontation so much, but I knew I shouldn't have wavered, I had to defend our love even to my parents if necessary, I had to make them understand that we were right together, we loved each other and we weren't going to let anyone come between us.

Layla had called me as she was on her way to the appointment with my parents and Can, she had wavered until the end in doubt whether to warn me or not, but thankfully she had finally done so. Can alone would never have been able to break down the wall of hostility they had erected against him after seeing me feel so bad.

I had thought I didn't have the strength to face them, but instead the fear of having to choose between the immense love for my husband and that for my parents gave me the courage to take my stand.

It hadn't been easy but thankfully it had worked.

Can, returning to the estate, took my hand and apologized for keeping me in the dark about his intentions.

- I didn't want to put too much pressure on you, I didn't want to make you feel bad because of our contrasts -

I loved him even more for the delicacy of that thought, he is always extremely attentive to my feelings.

Now that the situation with my parents has cleared up we parted ways with the understanding that they will come over for dinner with Layla and Emre next week, I am thrilled at the idea of having my whole family gathered at the same table, it seemed like a dream.

When we get to the estate Can goes into the bathroom for a shower while I start preparing dinner, I hear a notification on my phone, wiping my hands on the apron I'm wearing I hurry to see what it is. It's an email.

"Mrs Aydin, we have seen your manuscript that we find very interesting, we would like to meet you tomorrow at 12.00 in our offices if it is possible.

We are waiting for your confirmation.

Kindest regards.

Hasan Öztürk (Kütüphane Publishing House)"

I start jumping around the kitchen like a madwoman, I can't believe it, they want to see me!

My heart is pounding with excitement at the thought that my dream might be about to come true, I think about running to Can's to tell them, but I decide to keep my excitement in check.

I want to hear what they have to say first and then I'll be able to talk to t him knowledgeably about it, hopefully I'll be able to give him great news tomorrow night after the town meeting.

She walks into the kitchen with her hair down over her shoulders still slightly wet, a simple white t-shirt and sweatpants, she's sexy as hell.

How does this man shock me like this every time I look at him?

He smiles amused, he must have intercepted my lascivious look.

-So Mrs Divit, what are you making that's good? -

I redeem myself from my lustful thoughts to answer maliciously - Köfteler, meatballs my love-.

I see his expression change from amused to worried, I laugh under my moustache, I know perfectly well what he fears and I'll let him stew, he doesn't know that the last time I was at my mother's I put my photographic memory to work to learn exactly every step and every dose needed to prepare them.

I'm going to wow him this time.

He prepares the salad and sets the table while I finish cooking them, at the end I take one and secretly sprinkle it well with chili pepper then I go to him and say - Ashkım, my love, come taste and tell me what you think!

He takes a convincing bite and almost chokes to death, I quickly hand him a glass of water and hit him hard on the back - What's going on? Did it go down your throat? Drink, drink, come, let's sit down to eat -

I struggle terribly trying to keep myself from laughing openly in front of his worried expression, since he makes fun of me I decided to have fun too, I fill his plate with meatballs, I sit down and begin to eat in front of a surprised Can how he can eat those culinary atomic bombs without perishing on the spot.

He takes one and stoically brings it to his mouth, he takes a small, uncertain bite, this man must really love me so much if he willingly submits to certain tortures, I think to myself.

I can't stop my thunderous laughter in front of his astonished face in front of the very good taste of the dish, he looks at me without understanding but then he realizes that I have made fun of him, he gets up to pick me up while I run away from the other side of the table.

My escape doesn't last long, soon he catches me laughing uncontrollably, holds me close to him and tells me that I deserve a punishment for making him almost die with my joke.

- Which one?

-I think you deserve a nice chilli kiss-.

With that said he pulled me into a hug and a breathtaking kiss that had very little to do with chili.

Needless to say, my excellent meatballs were forgotten on the plate for quite a while... but in the end we were so hungry that we appreciated them immensely even though they were now hopelessly cold.