03|𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘹 𝘖𝘧 𝘹 𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘴

Kite opened the door for you showcasing his chivalry as you both proceeded to your home, it was a cold night and you shivered from your exposed skin

Kite opened the door for you showcasing his chivalry as you both proceeded to your home, it was a cold night and you shivered from your exposed skin. Your teeth chattered and you rubbed your arms to build up heat.

"Are you cold?" The animal loving hunter asked.

You nodded and he stopped to take off his long blue cloak to put it around you, it was warm from all his body heat and smelled of nature, specifically pine.

You thanked him, "I appreciate your gesture." You said.

He hummed in acknowledgment and the trek continued as you both walked along the dirt path. One of your favorite things to do during the night was to gaze at the brightly lit stars, though it was cliche. Something about it made you draw near to them, like how you wish upon them for just a touch or an answer.

"Kite?" You suddenly spoke.

"Yes?" He replied back.

"Do you believe in souls?"

The hunter crossed his arms and answered, "No."

"Really? Well I do, I actually most certainly do. I believe everything has a soul.... like that unfortunately barren tree." You pointed to the spruce trees who's leaves were missing.

Kite shook his head, "That sounds ridiculous, once we die that's it, there's nothing after that but the last moments of death. That's just life."

"But how can you not feel the spiritual energy radiating all around us? I can just feel the very measure of the trees soul that's at stake."

You cut over to the solemn oak and Kite followed behind, he watched as you pressed your body against it and mumbled as if you were conversing with the tree.

"What's happening?" He questioned.

You placed your pointer finger to your lips to shush him, then you collected a bit of sap that slowly trickled from the tree. Then you placed your palms on the uplifted roots and infused your nen to make leaves grow on the tree.

"So that's how your nen works." Kite commented.

Seeing how it operated was magical, bright and fresh green leaves just appeared from your touch and now many animals and bugs have a place to call home. "You see how I took and gave back. As humans we got to give a little more than we take."

Kite smiled, he was impressed and most of all proud to see you appreciate nature just as much as he did.

"A statement I can agree with." He said.

You both went back to following the dirt path until you made it to your house, Kite thought it looked very unique and felt that it suited you well.

"Would you like to come in?" You asked.

He nodded and entered the cozy cottage that was filled with plants and smelled of sweet pastries, it was a little cluttered but in a homely way.

You shifted awkwardly in embarrassment, "Sorry for the little mess, as you can see I'm not the most organized."

Kite shook his head and sat down on the white and pink floral cushion sofa, which was lined with comfy miniature pillows and a viridian colored, knitted blanket.

"Would you like some tea?" You asked.

"Sure." He replied back.

You smiled cheekily and pulled out two decorative tea cups while the tea brewed, it was your signature rooibos flavor and you couldn't wait to have a sip. Once it was done you brought your tea set and placed it on the wooden mini table in front of the couch. You slowly poured the scarlet liquid into the cups and added two cubes of sugar.

You sat next to him on the couch and spoke, "So, how long have you know Ging for?"

"Since I was in my adolescent stage, he truly is an amazing hunter."

You took a sip of your tea and replied, "You speak so highly of him.... why is that?"

"Well if it weren't for him I would be dead, laying in a back alley somewhere in the slums. You see I used to be a thief, lots of wasted potential from stealing bread. But I had the companionship of street dogs who helped me with my escapades, but one day Ging found my hiding place in the sewers. I begged him to train me and well the rest is history."

"That sounds like quite an adventure, you seem to already be a well rounded hunter, it truly inspires me."

"Yes, with your nen power I believe you could be a great botanical hunter, I hope you're serious about it."

"Very much so, and going on this adventure with you I believe I can gain some much needed experience." You let out a yawn and set down your empty tea cup. You were absolutely exhausted and wanted nothing more but an adequate rest before you have to leave.

"Well I think I'm going to hit the hay now before the big day tomorrow. If you would like you can stay the night here, the couch is amazingly comfortable. Trust me I know from the many naps I've taken after a long day of work."

"Yes it's rather comfortable thank you." He replied.

You smiled, "Make yourself at home, come to my room or shout if you need me and good night."

You got up from the couch and went into your room and the first thing you did was take off your work attire. Your goal was to just shower real fast so you could then pack your stuff and head to bed.

You hummed as you entered the shower and the hot water sizzled on your soft skin, you rubbed off all the impurities of the day with your favorite rose petal and shea butter soap bar. Your mirror was clouded with a watery mist, mixed in with the smell of a sugary confection. It was like a five star spa in your own bathroom, which will be your last day of being pampered to perfection since you will be out in the wilderness. You turned the water off and hopped out the shower with your handmade pure cotton towel wrapped around your damp body. You fully dried yourself off before applying your ambrosia body cream and oil which you lathered lusciously on your plush skin.

You put on your comfortable night gown and playfully twirled in the mirror from how loose and comfortable you felt.

Now it was time to begin packing your stuff as you pulled out a decent sized travel bag which you only filled with your vital necessities

Now it was time to begin packing your stuff as you pulled out a decent sized travel bag which you only filled with your vital necessities. You didn't know what to pack and what not to but you did your best at guessing on what you needed.

After that was done you hopped into your fluffy bed and pulled your crisps and thick covers over your body. It was pitch black and you quickly fell into a docile rest with your steady breathing and side curled sleeping position. The winds of the night howled and the crickets chirped both awaiting for the morning dew hours. And as the full moon glowed making the wolves howl and the strange darkness cast a ghastly shadow, all those who closed their eyes relented their wakefulness.