10|𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘟 𝘌𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘴

"Ahh ha, Tim

"Ahh ha, Tim... Kahla. Nice to see you this morning. I apologize on behalf of my crew for what they did to you. It twas not right." Captain Harper spoke.

"Yah yah, apology accepted. It's water under the bridge now." You didn't accept it because it wasn't his fault, it was his crews so they should be apologizing. But you wanted to get off this stinking boat fast so you decided to remain calm.

"I see it's about high time for the favor we owe you." Kite spoke.

"Yes it is isn't it?" Captain Harper pulled out a map from his pocket and opened it up to showcase red lines that showed trade routes along the coasts. "Tonight we'll be testing bloody waters against another crew of pirates. They're called the Covin but they have another alias called the broad bandit. I'm sure you've heard of that name from the newspapers, they kidnap women and what not. But to get to the point they have been blocking our main trade route on the coast of Perrie and we need to get through in order to collect supplies."

Kite sighed as he placed a hand on his hip and used the other to rub his smooth jaw. "Is there no other trade route you can take?" He questioned.

"Yes but they are too risky, I predict we have a higher chance of beating the Covin than going through those hazardous waters. Especially with the both of you on our side."

"So these Covin people, why do they kidnap women? And also, how strong are they?" You asked.

"Well they kidnap women to sell of course, they're high on the secret market. And to how strong they are, the whole crew has training in nen, so they can hold their own even against the most mediocre hunter."

"Ohhh, so are they sea hunters?"

"No, but they're leader is a jackpot hunter."

"So are you a sea hunter?"

"Correct."

Your eyes lit up in excitement as you get to stand in the presence of another hunter besides Kite. Both fine men who seem to already have good skills yet still being so young.

"So have you heard about a hunter named Ging Freeces?" You questioned.

"Of course, what hunter hasn't. The man is a three star and is the boar of the Zodiacs."

"So does that mean you know where he is?"

"You must be a rookie hunter if you think all hunters keep tabs on each other." Captain Harper teased.

You shook your head and looked at Kite who seemed slightly agitated.

"Is fighting something we can avoid? Do these pirates strike deals?" He questioned.

"They do, however most of the time the things they want are off the table." Captain Harper answered.

Kite really didn't feel like wasting his time and adding useless kills to his record.

"Fine then, we make a deal first and if all else fails then we go from there."

Captain Harper nodded and Kite walked away signaling for you to follow.

He walked down into the second deck where the mess hall was and plopped a seat at one of the benches with a table.

You sat across from him and immediately a lady, presumed to be a waitress of some kind brought over two cups of ale filled to the brim in a large glass. Along with a tray of jerky and bread.

"Thank you." Kite said to her.

She smiled and blushed. "No worries, my name is Sky."

She proceeded to sit uncomfortably close to Kite, so much so their bodies touched.

You cringed and immediately became turned off from the food as you picked at your bread.

"You need to eat Kahla." Kite spoke.

"Yes we all have a battle to prepare for." Sky added.

"I know, but this food isn't all that nutritious and it's kind of bad, no offense to you Sky." You said.

"None taken." She replied. "But it's all we have until we fight against the Covin to head to our usual trade route."

"Yes, I understand that... but would you happen to have any crop seeds or plants?" You asked.

"Oh! I think the Captain has a stash of exotic seeds in his collections!" Sky chirped. She smiled and continued, "It was a gift from the chicken Zodiac, Cluck!" She raved proudly. "I will see if I can get a few from the Captain, he's not awfully stingy but a gift so rare he might be reluctant to share. In any case if we beat the covin and make it to the coastal trade markets then you may find a variety there."

The hazel eyed woman smiled and got up. "I will see you later with an answer." She said before she left.

Once she was out of sight Kite turned to you with a frown. "I don't think the seeds are a good idea." He spoke.

"Why?" You replied.

"Because your nen is powerful and indeed helpful, you shouldn't go around exposing it to the crew. They will take you as their slave to produce fruits from your nen labor that they will normally have to buy."

"That's a what if situation and if it does happen I will fight them victoriously!" You clenched your jaw and puffed your chest out.

Kite side eyed you and lightly flicked you on the forehead. "That's not how it works dove."

You smiled and continued to pick at your bread from the new cute nickname.

"So." Kite began as he picked up his cup of ale and took a swig, his Adam's apple lightly bobbing in the process. "According to your notebook I'm wise and handsome."

You paused and slowly craned your head up to meet Kite's dotted black eyes.

"What? It was merely a compliment... one that was falsely presumed seeing as you are nothing of the sort."

Kite let out an amused huff as he uncrossed his legs which skimmed across yours causing you to shiver.

He downed the rest of his ale and got up.

"Follow me (y/n), you still have sword practice."

You nodded your head yes and did just that.