05|𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘟 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘟 𝘖𝘷𝘦𝘳

"I'm the best swords woman out there now!" You cheered as you struck the air with Kite's blade

"I wouldn't go that far." The hunter commented. He laid on his back and continued to watch you practice with his sword.

The both of you have been traveling for at least four hours on the boat, you were starting to get a little bored and tired.

"So where are we exactly headed to?" You questioned.

"Doli City." Kite answered.

You have heard of that place before, it was a fairly modern city that had tall castle like buildings and semi medieval architecture. This definitely was going to be a spot to take amazing pictures for your journal.

"Why are we traveling there? Is that where you think Ging is located?" You questioned further.

"No, but I think there may be some clues there about his current whereabouts. And I know a blacksmith there who could make you a sword."

You grinned upon hearing that you would get your own sword, now that you knew how to somewhat utilize one. You were going to make the very most out of it.

You yawned and let the weapon go as you laid down next to Kite, the bright sun kissed your skin with a warm heat. Which made the clouds jealous as they began to block the suns glory of light, you sighed and chuckled at the sight.

Kite turned to look at you and asked, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing much just nature being nature. The clouds are envious."

Kite hummed, "Well that's a creative way of looking at things, but I think it's a warning of an approaching storm." The hunter flicked his tongue against his thumb then lifted it high in the air. "Just what I thought, the wind pattern has changed."

"Is it going to be a big one?" You implored.

Kite groaned, "Yeah, I didn't plan for this but we have to take a detour at sundown."

"So we're camping tonight?"

The hunter nodded and you sighed, you were hoping to see the city and get a hotel there. Not that you had anything against camping because you've done it all the time but you wanted to experience sleeping in the city.

The ride went back to silence as usual and you scurried about the boat, dipping your feet in the water, playing with sea creatures, and taking pictures of the crystal lit waves.

You turned to look at Kite who's hair blew astray in the roaring wind, he sat comfortably and stared out in the distance. Making for a photogenic moment which you eagerly took a picture of.

He turned to look at you and lightly gasped, a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead. "What's that for?" He questioned.

You smiled and replied, "It's for my memory book, you looked handsome so I took a picture."

Kite raised his brows at your blatant compliment about his good looks, he was never praised about how he looked. He used to be a poor thief so something as small as that meant more than anyone could ever know.

"Would you like to see it?" You asked him.

He nodded and you went to go sit beside him.

"See, handsome." You said as you showcased the picture.

The hunter analyzed the photo then looked over to you which made him a little nervous as you were so close. That even he could feel your breath against his lips.

You started to feel a bit nervous as well, you've never kissed anyone before and right now the urge to was taking over. You barely knew him but right now you were willing to surrender to him, not fully but enough for him to do as he pleased with your lips.

But as nature takes over, it does what is always has and you both slowly leaned towards each other. Time completely stopped and the world paused itself just to let the essence of the impending kiss play itself out. Like Mother Nature set all of this up just so it's creations could do as they were meant to.

Kite's pointy nose skimmed yours and you could feel both the warm breath from his nose and mouth tickle your face. You placed your hand on his chest for support which made the hunter retract for a second before he went back in.

It felt like it was going to take an eternity before both of your lips collided but then he placed his slender hand on your cheek and the magic was about to happen.

But that was until a giant sea serpent bumped the boat with a great force which caused you to be knocked off the boat.

Your body was dumped into the sea and the thick water held you down with a strong hold, you kicked and tussled as you tried to escape.

But the worse was to come as a storm approached with a thunderous roar and a downpour of rain. Lighting struck and dark clouds surrounded the sun making it harder for you to analyze your surroundings.

You flailed your arms and made it to the surface of the ocean and you could finally breathe for a second until a sharp pair of teeth punctured your leg. You yelped and you were dragged back underwater where you were met with the humongous sea serpent.

The monster swallowed you whole and the water threatened to push you back into its acid stomach, but luckily you grabbed Kite's sword from before the fall. And you stuck the blade on the side of the serpents wet and slimy cheek, and hung for dear life.

The creature screamed a high pitch whine and opened its mouth which led another force of water to push you back. You couldn't hold on any longer and you removed the sword and used all of your power to shoot the sword up and cut your way out through the top.

You looked like a fierce goddess as a huge splash of water and blood shot out of the water and with the sword held up high, you were the skilled swordsman behind it.

You fell onto the boat and tried to balance yourself as the brutal winds and splashing water tried to knock you over. The animal loving hunter was nowhere to be seen and you shouted his name to find him.

"KITE! KIIIIIIIIIIIIITE! CAN YOU HEAR MEEEE!" You tried your best to overpower your voice over the rambunctious thunder.

But then you heard the familiar loud shriek of the serpent and suddenly Kite appeared on the boat all wet from both water and blood just like you.

You limped towards him and grabbed his arm then Spoke, "Are you okay?" You questioned breathlessly.

He nodded but then peered at your leg which was severely injured as chunks of muscle and tendons were torn off and the skin was rigged. A cloudy white puff began to fizz and it burned your skin with a fiery sting. Then the air began to get thick and your eyes felt heavy and you heaved in and out before you blacked out with a thud.