06|𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘟 𝘛𝘰 𝘉𝘦 𝘟 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

Your eyes flickered in and out as your head pounded an intense drum beat, your hands were clammy and your leg stung like you were bit by trillions of wasps

"What? What's going on!" You shouted.

"You've been bit by a banshee serpent in which it's fangs contain a trace amount of cytotoxin." Kite answered.

You found yourself in the arms of the animal loving hunter who sprinted through the wilderness for a secure spot for the night. The sun was slowly on its way to setting and he needed to get you healed fast.

"Am I going to die? Because it feels like it." You said.

"No, just hang in there for a moment." Kite replied.

You huffed and groaned as the pain was not ceasing, it was also cold as you were still wet from being tossed around in the water and the fact that it was still thundering rain. It was absolute hell and any other inconvenience would put you into an even bigger state of pure vexation and despair.

But on the other hand, being secure in the arms of the strong hunter gave you immense reassurance, his perseverance and calm disposition was impressive. You couldn't believe how one person could be so calm under all this pressure. Your life was on his hands, so every choice he made in this moment was to persevere your very being.

"Are we almost there?" You questioned breathlessly.

Kite answered, "Almost."

You sighed and tightened your arms grip around his shoulders, you buried your face into his muscular chest and clenched your jaw as the continuous burning of your leg got worse.

But then Kite spoke those two words, "We're here."

And he entered a giant cave that was a perfect shelter for the night. It had a wide open space and in the middle of that was a boiling hot spring which kept the place warm.

Kite sat you down on a smooth rock ledge and he began the healing process. which shocked you as he placed his mouth on the wound.

"What are you doing?" You questioned him.

"I have to suck the poison out, just sit still and be quiet." He answered.

You gulped as you watched the hunter suction his mouth to the bite in which his saliva coated your leg and he started a pattern of sucking then spitting out the toxins. Everything about it was gross but it didn't matter when it came to life and death, Kite did what he had to do and you're still alive because of it.

But Kite continued on as all the poison was now out of your leg he pulled out a white box from a bag he brought with him. In that box he pulled out a tiny bottle of liquid then down-poured it on your leg.

You hissed, "Ow! That stings...."

"It's an alcohol based soap, I have to disinfect and clean the open flesh." Kite said as he lightly scrubbed the liquid in.

You groaned and shook off the pain as the hunter poured water onto it to clean out the soap then dried it off with mini towel. Lastly, he applied a moisturizing jelly then securely wrapped it with soft bandages and now your wound was officially sterile.

"Thank you Kite, I'm sorry for what happened I said I could handle myself on this mission but I already got myself hurt. I would understand if you stopped allowing me to continue on, but let me say-"

"There's no need." Kite interrupted. "I watched you handle yourself fine back there when you were almost swallowed by the beast. As hunters, sometimes you get hurt but you grow stronger from it. Just remember that."

You took a mental note of what he said so you could write it in your journal later on.

"I really did well back there?" You questioned.

"Considering your level and skill I certainly think so, but even a mediocre hunter should have been able to easily kill it. You still need more practice."

You knew this journey was going to be one of hardship so you were prepared to do everything you can to become a great hunter.

"I think that after today, I have a newfound trust in myself and your teachings." You said. "So how about this, we promise to always be friends." You reached your palm out and smiled.

"Good hunters are blessed with many friends, I'm honored to be your first." Kite intertwined his hand with yours and shook it gently.

"Should we bind it with a pact to make it official?" You questioned.

Kite answered with an immediate, "No." and continued, "Yes we are friends but this relationship still remains a master and student ship."

His reasoning for not making it official was only half true, though he thinks of this as a student and master relation. He didn't forget that kiss that almost happened, and that one kiss distracted him so much that he couldn't even feel the presence of the banshee serpent which was an easy beast to detect and kill.

You almost died because of it, so he didn't want romance between the two of you distract either of you from your goals. But still, when you both achieve the goals he couldn't place a promise on his heart he couldn't keep because when the time is right, he would end up breaking that promise.

But you on the other hand, though you chose to make the promise there's always a loop hole and for you it was a crossed finger behind your back while you shook his hand.

Now after all that was said and done, Kite retreated to a secure spot in the cave to sleep while you stayed where you were to rest. It was in no way comfortable but it was the best you could for the night, and as the cave noises settled so did you as your eyes closed and you could finally get a wink of sleep.