12|𝘜𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘟 𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴

"Entry number 5, to those who oppose me, kiss my sword

"Entry number 5, to those who oppose me, kiss my sword. That's right, because Kite taught me the best type of defense is offense. Sometimes you have to strike first in order to defend the ground you stand on."

You smiled and added the dot to the ending sentence of your journal entry, closing the chapter of the little book.

A gentle breeze swept through your hair as you gazed at the clouded sky above.

The sea mist below peppering gently on your cooled skin.

"Enjoying the weather today?"

"Mhmm." You hummed. "It's refreshing."

Kite grinned and took a seat next to you on the secluded dock, everyone else was inside, enjoying their meal and a good drink or two.

"I saved you plate, in case you changed your mind about the food here. Sky told me Harper didn't have any plants that could be of use."

"Hmph, bummer." You took the plate of food from Kite. "Thank you."

He grunted softly in response.

"You know... I've never felt this at peace before?"

"Really?"

You nodded and took a bite of roasted jerky. "Even on whale Island I always felt lost, though I'm right where I'm supposed to be."

"How so."

"Well." You began between a chew of sharp cheddar. "Whale Island is all I've ever known, it's my home."

"But it's not where you want to be." Kite finished.

"No, not at all." You scoffed. "No wonder Ging left as soon as he could."

Kite stared at your changed expression, he didn't mean to make you sad, but he has always found that his dry personality can have that affect on people.

But what matters is how he can lift you up.

"(y/n), look up with me."

He pulled out a shiny binocular from his tan bag and passed it to you.

"What am I supposed to look at?"

"Nothing particular... maybe up or down. Whatever catches your eye."

You smiled deviously and held the binocular up to your eyes and immediately pointed it towards Kite.

You watched as the animal hunters cheeks tinted to a beautiful rose color.

"Tch, not me." He groaned as he pulled down his cap to cover his face.

You chucked softly and turned your direction to the depth of the sea. Through the vast lenses you saw a pod of dolphins playing with each other.

It made you smile, watching them carelessly smack each other with their tails and spirt water at one another.

Kite watched you, intrigued.