1- The Task At Hand

I sit on the train with Dean Thomas, one of my best friends, and his girlfriend, Ginny Weasley. It’s Dean and I’s sixth year, but to be honest I kind of want to leave now, I’ve simply had enough. Seamus Finnigan enters the carriage.

“Been looking for you lot everywhere.” He says, with his Irish tongue. 

“Well we didn’t go far.” Dean replies.

Seamus takes a seat next to Dean and opposite me, he smiles.

“You’re looking good this year, Jas.”

This is me, Jas, Jasmine Gold. Like I said, Hogwarts, Sixth Year. 5’3, brown hair, green eyes, pure-blood, Slytherin.

“Shame your green robes ruin you.” He says.

He’s only joking of course, we’re friends, to be honest I’m friends with most of the Gryffindors, and Slytherins, some Ravenclaws and maybe a couple of Hufflepuffs. Unlike most of the Slytherins, I’m not hated by anyone, well apart from one person, Draco Malfoy, but he’s a total dick and his father’s a death eater, so I really don’t care.

***

Hogwarts slowly comes into view and the Scarlett train come to a stop. Dean, Seamus, Ginny and I all get off quickly and make it to a carriage before other people do.

I see, Ron and Hermione, friends. They usually have a third member but currently the whereabouts of him is unknown. The two get on a carriage a couple away from ours.

Slowly, we ride up to the castle, and get off again.

“Does anyone else feel a little on edge?” Dean asks as we walk up to the gate, linking arms with Ginny.

“It seems like something’s going on, might be to do with You-Know-Who.” Seamus whispers as we all approach Professor Flitwick.

“Names please,” He says looking up at the four of us.

“Sir?” I say back, “You know us.”

He just looks at us again and then over to the luggage and back to us, “Name?”

The four of us individually speak our names, before heading inside the castle.

“You’re right, Seamus, it’s You-Know-You, something’s going on.” I say, and Seamus nods.

The annoying thing about getting to the great hall is that I have to sit with the Slytherins, don’t get me wrong some of them are great fun, others are just... I don’t even know what to say.

As I part from my two favourite boys (and Ginny, I’m not forgetting Ginny) and I am greeted by another, Blaise Zabini.

“Jasmine! What up my sweet?” He stands to hug me before I take a seat next to him. “How’s the Gryffindors? How are you? Good journey?”

“Good, Good, and yes,” I say and he smiles.

Pansy Parkinson, turns around also and gives me a slight smile, before talking to someone else.

“Dunno where Draco is, thinks she’s worring though.”

Oh yeah, Pansy is Draco’s, ‘Girlfriend’, but I’d probably say more like, bitch, because Draco only wants her when he’s angry or just wants sex in general, a contributing factor to why he’s a dick.

Speaking of the dick, here he is.

Draco sits down on the bench, avoiding my eyes, strange; he usually says a sarcastic comment every time we meet. But never mind, foods on the table and I’m starving.