6- Overload

The next morning I have potions first lesson, I'm sitting on a table with Dean and Seamus. Over on the Slytherin table there is no sign of Draco.

I'm still thinking about what happened yesterday, how did that happen? It wasn't long ago that Draco hated me; I just don't understand how it happened. I liked it though, and I think he did too, I hope he did anyway. We didn't talk much while walking back to the castle yesterday, it wasn't awkward as such; it was just strange.

"So where were you yesterday?" Dean says, breaking me out of my daze.

"What? Oh, I was in my common room, studying." I lie.

He looks at me suspiciously, "Sure you were." He says, he can tell I'm lying.

"I was." I push at him.

"Okay then, I believe you." He doesn't.

Dean then engages in conversation with Seamus and leaves me be. The classroom door opens, no else looks except me, it's Draco.

Immediately, his eyes catch mine and I watch as a smirk appears on his face. I break eye contact and look around the room; no one has even noticed him come in. I watch him as he sits down on the Slytherin table, next to Blaise and Goyle; the seat is facing in my direction, so he's still looking at me.

Today's lesson is on Everlasting Elixirs and everyone seems to be thoroughly engaged with the words that Slughorn is saying. Everyone except Draco, and for that reason, me as well.

I try hard to focus on Slughorn but I can see Draco looking at me out of the corner of my eye and it's distracting. Focus on sir, focus on sir, I repeat to myself in my head. I can't help it though, I look over at Draco and he smirks again, so do I before looking away. It seems that Slughorn is not letting us do any practical work today so this lesson is going to be a long one.

***

At the of the lesson everyone leaves before me as I wanted to ask Slughorn about the dinner party, which I'm now really looking forward too.

I then grab my bag before heading out of the classroom. As I walk a little down the corridor I am grabbed by the wrist, pulled around the corner and then pushed up against the wall.

"Well that was fun." Draco says to me, his hands are pushed against the wall behind me so I can't escape.

"Distracting me from my work is not fun." I look around the corridor slightly to see if anyone is around, there isn't.

Draco seems to catch on to what I'm doing as he says, "You're worried aren't you." He takes his hands away and just stands in front of me instead. "I get why you would be."

"Well... no, it's just." I start to say, but I'm not actually sure what I'm going to say.

"Don't worry about it; I can keep it how it is now if that's what you want, although I don't even know what it is now." He says.