10- Christmas

I wake up to the smell of bacon, the sun beating through the window and the sound of wave crashing against rocks.

I sit up in the bed and look around, this room really is amazing. I stand up and put on some slippers and a dressing gown before heading downstairs to see Ana, Geoff and Avery.

"Good morning, Jasmania!" Geoff says as he sees me, now weird nickname, cool. "Breakfast is being put on the table as we speak." He's waving his wand about and moving the plates of food from the counter tops to the wooden dining table. "Take a seat." He says.

I do, and Ana is there with Avery.

"Sleep well?" Ana asks me.

"Yes, really well actually." I say, pouring myself a glass of Geoff's homemade apple juice.

"Breakfast is severed." Geoff says taking a seat at the table as well.

"Wow," I say at the amount of amazing looking food on the table. Bacon, eggs, toast, cheese, potatoes, beans, tomatoes, sausages, muffins, pancakes, croissants, oatmeal, a large variety of fruit and yogurt. This is amazing.

"You'll probably go back to school 3 stone heavier, but we hope you enjoy your stay." Ana says and laughs lightly, as she feeds a spoonful of yogurt to Avery.

Geoff starts to fill his plate, so I do too. This is so good.

***

By the time breakfast is over, I find it hard to move.

"I'm thinking about walking down the beach today, showing you the scenery?" Ana says to me.

"Yeah, okay, sounds good to me." When I can start moving again though.

"Cool, I'll let you get dressed and stuff then we'll go out."

I nod and smile. Now here's the tricky part of actually moving again. I pull myself out of the chair and walk back upstairs to my bedroom again. My clothes are all still in my bag, so I just pull out the first thing I can find to put on. I head for the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair, and put a minimal amount of makeup on my face. Anticipating the cold weather, I also throw on my woolly hat, scarf and gloves along with my winter coat.

"Let's go!" Ana call, when I reach the bottom of the stairs.

I smile and follow her out the door into the cold and harsh sea wind, it's still nice though.

We start our walk by heading straight to the edge of the sea; it's an extremely blue colour that could probably pass s the Caribbean Sea.

We begin to walk along the shore as Ana starts to talk, "So, how's school?"

"School? It's school." I say.

"Want to leave yet?" She asks.

"More or less every day," I smile.

Ana laughs at my comment, "I know what you mean."

We come to big pile of rocks; Ana begins to climb them so follow her.

"You're doing well though, aren't you? Still on track to become one of those magical doctor people in the ministry?" She asks me once we reach the top of the rocks.

"Oh, yeah. I'm doing fine, it's just not as fun as it use to be, there's a lot more work."

"Why do you think I left?" She says sitting down on the top of the rock pyramid.

I sit next to her.

"What about boys? How are they treating you?" Of course she's asking about that.