12- Malfoy Manor

I step out of the fireplace into the extraordinarily large room, a staircase to my left, it's beautiful and even though it's stone everywhere it's surprisingly warm.

"Come I want you to meet my mother." He says walking towards to the large staircase, at the top there are more stairs on the left, "Leave your bags here, we'll get them in a minute." Draco points at the ground at the bottom of the second staircase I drop my bags down and stand with him outside a room that says '1st Reception.'

Draco looks at me and gives me a small smile before knocking on the door gently, "Mother?" He says.

"Draco?" I hear from the other side, "Come in, come in." There's a lot of noise from the other side of the door, Draco opens it and we see his mother cramping loads of parchment and books into drawers.

"What are you doing?" Draco asks as we both step into the room.

His mother looks concerned, "Just things, there's a lot of forms, your father." She looks over at me and smiles. "You must be Jasmine, oh Draco." She turns her attention back to him, "She's lovely, isn't she?" She kisses him on the cheek and then comes over to me, "Narcissa Malfoy, it's wonderful to finally meet you." She embraces me in a tight hug and hug back awkwardly.

"It's lovely to meet you." I say.

Narcissa smiles, "Draco's been talking about you for so long now, it's magnificent to see that you two are finally together." She turns to Draco, "After all this time."

"Okay, mother." Draco snaps, "That's enough."

"Draco, it's nothing to feel embarrassed about, Jasmine probably knows all sorts of embarrassing things about you by now."

"What are you doing?" Draco says, in a sort of rhetorical question type way.

I watch the two of them as the exchange uncomfortable eye contact, like they are talking telepathically.

"Sorry," Narcissa snaps out of it, "I'm not sure what I was- I- sorry." She stutters. "I'm going to get some food and things... Draco show Jasmine around." And with that she apparates out of the room.

I look over at Draco, who is now looking a bit put off and more uncomfortable than ever.

"Sorry about her, sometimes she does doesn't know when to stop speaking." It seems like Draco thinks his mother has just done a terrible injustice, but I didn't think she was doing anything wrong.

"It's fine; honestly, I think she's just happy for you." I say.

Draco heads for the door, "Must be." He says on the way out.

Draco and I grab my luggage and we start to walk up through the manor house. I can't help thinking about what his mother said though, 'after all this time', I hadn't mentioned it to Draco as I thought it might make him feel even more awkward or maybe it was just the way his mother said it and it wasn't weird at all. It hadn't been that long since Draco hated me so I'm sure it was a weird thing to say 'all this time' too, she said it like it had been years.

"It's at the end of this corridor." Draco says.

"Huh?"

"My room, down here." He says, now taking the lead and walking off in front of me.

I follow closely behind him as we walk down the ridiculously long corridor. It is very dimly lit up here and the paintings on the walls kind of put me on edge, its lovely here, put all little creepy. The room must be huge here, because we've only walked past three doors and the corridor goes on for ages. At the end of the corridor is a large oak wood door with a thick metal black handle and lock on it. On it, it reads, 'D.L Malfoy.'