2- Getting To Know Me

In the morning I wake up late, so I have to skip breakfast and rush to Potions class. I get there just as everyone is pilling in.

“Where were you this morning?” Hermione says appearing next to me.

“Slept in didn’t I?”

“Go to bed earlier then.”

We stand in a group with the other students taking the class; Dean and Seamus are there, so I stand with them as Hermione stands at the very front. I look around and spot Draco; he turns slightly and catches my eyes, but looks away again, quickly. Blaise is with him and his two weird friends, Crabbe and Goyle. Professor Slughorn stands at the front, and begins talking; it’s weird because I’m use to Snape teaching potions but he’s now in Dark Arts. He goes on about the potions in the room, most of which I already knew all about, potions is my best subject.

Next thing we know, Harry and Ron come crashing into the room, Slughorn looked more than delighted. He tells them to get books from the cupboard. 

Next, he starts speaking about a love potion, the most powerful in the world. Hermione steps up, she knows all about it, apparently.

“Might have to smuggle you one of those, Jas,” Seamus whispers from behind me.

I laugh lightly, I know he’s only joking, partly anyway.

 Katie then decides to ask Slughorn about another potion on the table. He says it’s called Felix Felicis, or Liquid Luck. It sounds amazing, it could really help me out in getting Draco to confess, but the only way we can get it is by brewing a perfect Draught of Living Death. Soon, we’re off.

I stand at a table with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

“Done it yet?” Ron asks.

“Give her time, Ronald.” Hermione snaps back at him, getting started with the potion.

“I’m working on it; he’s hard to get through to though. He’s being very defensive.”

Harry looks up, “Sure sign then?”

I shrug, “It’s hard to tell.”

I start attempting to brew the potion, as does everyone else. It’s advanced, seems too advanced, I don’t think I’ll be getting any Liquid Luck today.

Time passes quickly as everyone tries hard to brew the potion, Ron turns to me, it seems like he’s given up.

“Jas, what do you think about Dean, dating my sister?” He says with a serious face.

I look up at him a little confused, I’m not sure what to say, “Err... they seem fairly happy I guess.”

“No, I mean, do you think it’s appropriate?”

“Ron, I really don’t know.”

“Doe’s Dean talk her about her lot? Does he tell you what goes on between them? Have you seen anything that seems inappropriate?”

I look at him for a while, puzzled. “No, he doesn’t really say much about it. They hold hands I guess, but I’ve never seen them, like, making out or anything.”

He seems disgusted with what I just said, but he nods. “I just worry.”

“She’s you’re little sister, so I can understand that.”

Ron doesn’t say much else as he throws things into his cauldron, hoping for the best. I don’t even try. I look round the room; Hermione’s hair is frizzier than ever, Seamus’ potion has exploded and his face is now black, Crabbe’s tongs have melted, and everyone looks a little frustrated. I look at Draco who’s on the opposite side of the room; he’s given up too, and is leaning on the table looking into the cauldron. How the hell am I going to get through to him? It’s literally impossible.