4- The Letter

I wake up Saturday morning, and head for the common room. It’s fairly bare, people are probably still in bed. I take a seat on the black leather sofa; I have my Divination book with me so I can do a bit of studying before I head to breakfast.

As I sit there, reading page after page, other students begin to come downstairs. As they do, Draco walks back into the common room, fully dressed; he looks as though he’s been up for hours. He doesn’t acknowledge me what so ever as he walks past the sofa I’m still sitting on. I let it go before deciding it was time for breakfast. I go back to my dorm again and quickly throw on some leggings, a jumper and some shoes, I then head to the Great Hall.

There are quite a lot of people for this time in the morning; I think people are getting ready to go to Hogsmead. Today, I take a seat next to Dean, he’s by himself and there is no sign of Ginny.

“Hey, Dean.”  I say, grabbing a slice of toast to eat.

“Hey, Jas.” He says with a slight sigh.

“Everything okay?” I ask, curiously.

He shrugs, “Ginny and I had an argument, but its okay.” He doesn’t seem very talkative.

I don’t reply as it’s clear he doesn’t really want to talk. Instead I put some jam on the slice of toast I had previously grabbed.

“Out of curiosity,” Dean starts again, “Why are you hanging out with Draco Malfoy?”

Oh right, “It’s something to do with Harry, that’s all.”

He nods; he knows not to carry on asking now, because he knows that he won’t get anywhere.

“Are you going to Hogsmead?” I ask him.

“No,” he shakes his head. Snape’s making me do extra DADA, after what happened yesterday.”

“Oh yeah, the fish prank.”

“The fish prank.” He says. “He contacted my mother as well. She’s not happy.”

“What time do you have to be there then?”

“12.” He says simply.

“Have fun then.” I say. Just after I do I see red hair out of the corner of my eye. I turn and see Ginny standing by the entrance of the hall.

“Dean.” I say.

He turns to see where I’m looking and sees her too.

“I better go, see you later.” He says standing up.

I watch him walk off to meet Ginny, they mutter something to each other and soon Dean’s lips are on hers, I look away.

So, what am I gonna do today? I finish my breakfast, and have a glass of pumpkin juice, I could go to Hogsmead, but I don’t really feel like it. Instead I start thinking about the conversation I had with Draco about my sister. I haven’t spoken to her in ages, and it would be nice to know what she’s getting up to lately. It would be nice to see her again. I have my bag with me, so I grab a piece of parchment and a quill, and then I start writing.

Hey Ana,

It’s your sister Jasmine here. I just wanted to write you, because we haven’t spoken in what? A year and half maybe? How are you? What are you up too? I’m guessing you’re still with Geoff, how’s he?

I miss you, you know. I’d love to see again, if that’s even possible. Don’t know how our parents would feel about that though. But still, I’d love it if we could, I’d love to see you and Geoff again. And I’d love to finally see your house; do you still live in the same one? Are you even on the beach anymore?

By the way, I almost matched you on the O.W.L’s, I got all but 2 Outsandings, I used your method of studying.

Anyway, please write back, it would be lovely to hear from you again.

Hope you’re well, Jas x.

I take the letter to the owlery, and find Nor, my owl, and give it to him to take to Ana. He’ll find her.

I take a slow walk back down into the main ground of the castle, its cold, the weather is changing as it’s soon to be Autumn and then Winter. I head into library, as it’s a quite place to study. I need all the studying I can get if I’m gonna to remotely pass any of my N.E.W.T.’s.  I’m only taking 4 subjects but it’s still quite a lot to take in.

***

After a good 3 hours of study, I think it’s enough. It’s also the time that most of the people in Hogsmead have decided to come back to school. For that reason, it’s extremely crowded.

As I attempted to push past everyone, I bump into Harry Potter.

“Jasmine.” He says. “How are you doing? What’s happening with... him.” He’s pulled me from the crowd of people onto the sidelines of the corridor.

“He’s warming to me well; I think I’ll be able to find out soon.” I say, although I’m not really sure.

“Okay, good, we have to find out soon though, before he does something to hurt anyone”

I nod.

“I’ve got to go, keep trying okay.” He says, rejoining the crowd.

As I watch the people walk past I start to think about what I’m doing. Draco seems to like me now; he actually likes me, to a certain extent at least. If he is a death eater, and if he told me, he’ll tell me in confidence, then I’d go and tell the golden trio, Draco would find out it was me and hate me even more then he did before. To be honest, I don’t want that to happen. When I first agreed to this I didn’t think I’d care about backstabbing Draco at the end, but now I think about it, I don’t want to hurt him. He seems like a pretty decent guy, just a bit misunderstood. 

___________________________________

Sorry this one is so short, the next one is excited and this the most approportiate place to end this one. Just get ready for the next one, it's gonna be good!!

Thanks for reading!! xxx