8- A Series Of Pain

The day of Slughorns dinner party has arrived, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm meeting Blaise in the common room in an hour, and we are going to walk there together. However, I am still to get ready. I planned my outfit a while ago, but no I don't think I want to wear it. So I'm rummaging through the wardrobe to find something else. Eventually, I find a navy blue dress that I think is appropriate for the occasion. I lay it out on my bed, before proceeding to do my hair and makeup. Soon I am completely ready.

I walk into the common room to find Blaise waiting for me in his black suit.

"Ah, Miss Gold. You took your time." Blaise says to me. "You look nice though."

"Thank you, so do you. Now let's go, before we are late." I say.

"Have fun." Draco says, he's sitting on the sofa watching me.

I give him a small smile, and he tries too. Then Blaise and I leave and head for dinner.

***

We arrive just as everyone is taking their seats.

"Hello!" Slughorns says, happily to us. "Miss Gold, Mr Zabini. Please, take a seat."

Blaise sits down first and I take a seat next to him. There's less people here then I thought there would be, which I guess is a nice thing.

We begin to eat and then conversations about ourselves and our family come to play.

Slughorn is then talking about former members of the Slug Club, he acknowledges Harry's mother, Harry smiles at the thought of her.

The meal lasts a while, I know for a fact that Ginny was suppose to be attending, but there is currently no sign of her, and we are already eating dinner.

Hermione tells the group about her parents being dentists, but I'm guessing nobody understands what she is going on about, because when she says her father needed 10 stitches nobody laughs. I do, just to break the tension, but it seems to get worse.

The door suddenly opens, revealing Ginny. She apologises for being late and walks into the room. As she does I see her eyes, they are red, but dark around the outside, she had been crying. Oh Dean.

My thoughts are interrupted by Harry making a sudden stand, all eyes are on him. Hermione pulls him back down. Ginny sits also, I look over at her, but she refuses to look my way. Oh dear, this fight was bad one. I wonder how Dean is taking it?

Slughorn does his best to carry on the conversations after that, but there is very strong tension in the room.

And by the time it's over, I'm glad to go back to the common room.

"Well that was fun." Blaise says sarcastically.

"Did you see Ginny's eyes though? She must have been crying for ages."

"Dean is your friend; go ask him what he did. But it seemed like a pretty dickish move whatever it was."

We arrive back at the common room, it's late and nobody is in here.

"Better go to bed then. Quidditch tomorrow." Blaise says.

I nod, "Yep, I know. See you in the morning."

***

The next day, I wake up early, and get ready for the match. I know how brutal Quidditch can be so I need to be well prepared. Ron's the keeper for Gryffindor today, so Slytherin are probably going to win by a lot, or lose by a lot, depending on how much faith Ron has in himself this morning.

It's not a lot, I walk into the great hall and see him immediately, and he looks petrified. I go over there.

"Ready, Ron?" He looks up startled.