twenty six.

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX.
PHYSICAL APPRECIATION.
EL'S POV.

ever since el and mike made up in her makeshift new york studio, the artist really couldn't think of a time they weren't around each other.

it felt odd and to be completely honest... wrong to not be attached to the other twenty four seven. it was as if she was supposed to be holding his hand and wrapping herself into his slim frame everyday.

he felt familiar, safe. and as much as she hated to say it in the circumstances they were given at this moment in time, she never wanted to go home.

because he was already exactly that.

truly, all of this makes her sound weirdly obsessive and quite frankly absurdly infatuated with the raven haired boy who had flipped her world upside down. but it was true... life didn't seem right without him next to her.

which is probably why she feels so off right now.

usually on a thursday night like this, el would probably be visiting her writer boy at his apartment, possibly even meeting him for dinner at one of his favorite places to eat down in times square or maybe finding him waiting outside the mansion's front door, movies and snacks in one hand and some lavender sprigs in the other.

but instead, tonight, the brunette had found herself leaning up against her father's car, waiting patiently outside jfk airport for the only other person in this world that could possibly complete with mike wheeler in terms of stealing her heart away.

what can she say, her best friend was the only thing new york was missing in order for this city to be considered completely perfect.

"oh i missed you, ellie." the redhead dropped her bags at the brunette's feet, her body practically tackling the small girl as she pulled her into a hug and engulfed her in her fruity scented perfume.

and even though it felt like her best friend was absolutely crushing her ribs, the artist still tucked her nose into the fiery girl's neck, her words mumbling against the soft fabric of the graphic tee she was wearing, "i missed you more."

maxine mayfield always had a way of making el feel like she was protected from the world, like a warm shell shielding out every single negative thing that could happen in life. and although many people thought her best friend was overwhelmingly aggressive, the brunette knew that underneath that sarcastic smirk and upturned feisty orbs, there was still the kindest heart to ever exist hidden away for only a few people to see.

that fiery redhead was her other half, her soulmate tucked into the form of her best friend.

and god does she wish she could have been here these past couple of months with her.

"okay you have to tell me everything." max pulled away from the hug first, her hands resting on the brunette's shoulders for a second before reaching down to her suitcases and pulling them to the back of the car, "how are you and lover boy?"

the small girl couldn't help to blush at the nickname, her feet twisting underneath her as she watched the redhead throw her bags into the trunk dramatically before correcting, "it's actually writer boy."

"very cute." her best friend rolled her eyes as she made her way back around the vehicle to the passengers side, the two girls sliding into the plush cushions of their seats before her the redhead pushed further, "seriously though, i mean i know you told me you two made up but if he's still acting like an asshole it probably won't take me long to figure out where he lives and - "