six.

CHAPTER SIX:
THE BIG APPLE.
EL'S POV.

"ma'am... excuse me ma'am." the older gentleman who was sitting next to el lightly shook the small girls shoulder, causing her to wake up in quiet the panic. "i'm sorry, but we are about to start boarding off."

the brunette lifted her head from the uncomfortable navy blue cushion of the airplane, looking over to see people slowly gathering their belongings and exiting into the long hallways that connected them to the large glass building.

the flight to new york ended up not being as long as she expected. however she slightly cursed herself for picking the earliest available one, figuring she didn't want to wait around all day to leave her humble apartment.

in her defense, she wasn't expecting max to keep her up the entire night before. yet, both of them couldn't help but to gush for hours and hours on end until the sun decided to rise about how much they were going to miss eachother while she was away.

but atlas here she was, patiently rolling her suitcase down the echoing halls of laguardia airport, not even slightly registering the fact that she was going to see her father any second now.

the small girl pushed her honey locks away from her face before taking the small white iphone out of her pocket. swiftly, she switched off the airplane mode feature only to be bombarded with multiple texts from her friends back home.

besties 🧇🔥🧙‍♂️🧢

will da wise
safe travels ellie!! miss ya already!!

maxine
im crying
i miss you sm
IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN AN HOUR
YOU BETTER TEXT US THE SEC YOU LAND

dusty buns
you're so dramatic

maxine
gtfo dustin
you literally don't even understand
I LIVE WITH HER

dusty buns
um... your point?
i don't see it

maxine
i hate you

maxine has removed dusty buns from the conversation

will da wise has added dusty buns into the conversation

will da wise
stop fighting

maxine
he insulted my feelings

dusty buns
you insult me every day of my life

i have landed and i miss all of you very much
max your feelings are valid
dusty you really don't understand
we cried all last night

dusty buns
of course you guys did
i'm not surprised in the slightest

el giggled to herself before slipping the phone back into her pocket and switching her focus back onto walking down the fairly empty hallway. it was almost peaceful ina way, considering the fact that new york is probably one of the busiest cities known to man. it was nice to see it slow down a bit... even if it was just in the airport.

after a few minutes, the brunette had finally reached the larger lobby of the building, more well known as the area where majority of people meet up with their loved ones or whoever they are visiting during their trip.