seventeen.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
WARM YOU UP.
MIKE'S POV.

now don't take it the wrong way, mike wheeler was extremely grateful for his job. he knew how lucky he was to be this successful at such a young age. plus, the fact that he was able to turn his hobby into a stable income was simply just a miracle in itself.

however, unfortunately there were a few things that the raven haired boy hated about being the well known writer that he was. most notably the fact that people never EVER left him alone.

you see, mike's schedule hasn't been the most flexible thing in the world lately. not only due to the constant revising and editing of the jim hopper biography, but also because jacob decided assign the lanky boy a number of smaller articles to complete by the beginning of next week, depriving mike of having any sort of sanity or sleep for the next few days.

in other words, he was exhausted... extremely stressed and was on the verge of throwing his phone out the window if he received another email regarding anything to do with the never ending list of work he currently had piling up on his plate.

but even with all the inconveniences of this week running through his mind, the raven haired boy was determined to not let anything ruin his date with el tonight. frankly, seeing her was probably his only motivation towards quite literally getting out of bed lately.

wait did he say date? he meant plans.

or maybe it was a date? truthfully, he wasn't exactly sure what it was at this point anymore.

nonetheless, here he was... driving around for what felt like the thousandth time today, finally embarking on the one good thing to come out of this shitty week.

honestly, mike has always found the ride to his client's home quite peaceful, the dark structure so large and tucked away from the rest of new york. it was almost as if he was entering another world each time he drove here, something that he was able to appreciate considering the fact that he hated being recognized by people.

before he knew it, the lanky boy was carefully pulling into the familiar rounded driveway, his hands suddenly becoming shaky from the overwhelming amount of feelings rushing through his veins. it was an odd sensation, one he only felt when it came to the petite brunette. the writer wasn't exactly sure how to describe it.

actually, he didn't think there were any words to describe this feeling.

but whatever it was, he was addicted to it.

he took a deep breath, attempting to calm his nerves before getting up from the comfortable plush leather cushions of his bmw and making his way towards the cement steps that lead up to the mansions front door. yet just when he was about to knock on the dark wood, the frame suddenly swung open, revealing a very frantic version of el hopper.

"jesus, relax painter girl. what is up with you and this door?"

"s - sorry." the small girl mumbled, the slightest shade of scarlet flushing her cheeks as she fumbled with her shirt, "is this okay? i just got back from the studio and didn't have much time to change."

mike laughed shyly before slipping his hands in the soft cotton pockets of his jacket, his dark orbs dropping to intently study her figure. she was sporting a long grey cardigan along with a classic vintage tee, the fabric gently tucked into a pair of faded high waisted mom jeans. her honey waves were tied back into a low ponytail at the nape of her neck, her face framed by two lose strands that were too short to be secured by her hairband.