twenty two.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:
TEA STAINED NEWSPAPERS.
EL'S POV.

days like this, el hopper truly didn't think things could get worse.

go ahead and call her dramatic, at this point she would actually prefer to be seen as she was overreacting. it was much better than facing the reality of her life that had recently been crumpled up and thrown against a blood colored brick wall before shattering into a million pieces.

it had only been a few days since she collapsed in front of the editor, the sarcastic boy taking her in unconditionally as he placed the biggest bandage over her aching heart. and over the past few days of reflecting, she had realized that maybe her and lucas could be closer than just acquaintances.

you know, surprisingly she had never had a doe eyed, tea loving older brother. but in her opinion, she thought the editor filled that role very well.

she definitely owed him after this whole mess was over. unfortunately, he was the only person who was sufficing through patting her through an alarming amount of tears.

plus, he was also holding some deep promises to her at the moment. promises that had to do with his unbelievably stubborn best friend.

so the answer is no, if you're wondering. mike wheeler still hadn't called her, texted her or even remotely shown a sign of life towards her direction.

which was something that she had come to the conclusion that she really didn't believe she deserved. the two weeks of silence was already torture, but the fact that restless days were drifting away from her until she had to see him again was enough to make her stomach churn uncomfortably while her heart practically leaped out of her chest in excitement.

oh yes, it should be mentioned that el's interview had been... well further discussed between her and lucas.

the brunette had been very cautious about this entire dedication in her father's biography thing, pondering the proposal since the moment it fell out of the editor's mouth. in the end, she told the sarcastic boy during their movie night that she would gladly contribute her experiences to the piece, but only under the condition that he stayed in the room while her and mike talked.

and...

under the condition that he wouldn't remind the writer that he had to interview the small girl until the very last second. of course, unless he figured that information out on his own.

though, that was highly unlikely. the raven haired boy was too lost in his own world at the moment to realize that very significant piece of knowledge. plus, he had no idea that she had even agreed to willingly contribute to this painfully awkward experience.

it was evil, but she didn't think she could deal with the hurt of him rejecting to interview her because of what happened between them. it was better to just surprise him.

right?

anyways as hard as it is to believe, mike was the least of her problems at this moment. what was actually destroying her was this embarrassingly bare canvas in front of her small frame, the artist anxiously flicking her brush against the palm of her hand while her mind only boiled thoughts of the notorious writer boy who had quite frankly ruined her life.