eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
A CUTE GIRL IS A CUTE GIRL.
MIKE'S POV.

"i just don't understand why she's treating me this way. what did i do wrong? WHAT DID I DO WRONG? like okay i might have accidentally completely been involved in trashing your dad's car but she doesn't even know who i am." mike sighed as he leaned further back in his chair, his long legs resting on his desk while he tossed a paper ball in the air.

"oh, she knows who you are all right... mister successful writer boy." lucas snickered from behind his computer screen, repeating the small girl's words from earlier that evening mike had told him about as he continued to make changes to his roommate's introduction.

the raven haired boy rolled his eyes at his best friend, drifting his attention to the dark window to watch the multiple cars that passed their shared manhattan brownstone apartment in the night.

new york is truly the city that never sleeps.

"that's not what i meant. i mean she's doesn't know who i am as A PERSON. she has no right to just assume i'm some shitty guy based off one accident. it's just so frustrating how - "

"BRO... relax. why does it even matter what she thinks about you anyways? we're not there for her." lucas interrupted him, finally looking up from his laptop. the sarcastic boy furred his brows at his best friend before leaning back in his chair and smirking to himself. "you think she's cute, don't you mikey?"

the freckled faced boy surprisingly didn't flinch at his best friend's accusation like he normally would have in this sort of situation. instead he simply slid his feet off his desk, swiveling around in his chair to hide his blush before admitting, "a cute girl is a cute girl."

"HA! well this cute girl happens to be our client's daughter. oh shit, do you think hop would mind if you tried to - " lucas tried to hold back a laugh, but quickly failed after mike whipped around in his chair with quite a dirty look on his face. "IM JOKING, relaxxx!"

"just because i called her cute doesn't mean i want to date her. she's just cute, that's all." the raven haired boy avoided his friend's gaze, opening his laptop in front of him to distract himself from the uncomfortable glare lucas was currently giving him.

"oh... i wasn't really talking about dating." lucas wiggled his eyebrows at the raven haired boy, earning him a paper ball straight to his face. "you're absolutely no fun."

mike sighed to himself, placing his head in the palm of his hands for a few seconds before lifting his head up and making eye contact with his roommate. "you aren't actually gonna pay for his car though, right? i'm pretty sure he specifically told jacob to not let us worry about that."

"it's kinda my only chance to prove to el i'm not some heartless asshole that enjoys fucking up people's cars to a living." the freckled faced boy sighed, clicking mindlessly on his computer. "plus she's right... i should have paid for it in the first place."

"uhm... you mean we." lucas cleared his throat as he stood up from his desk, walking over to close the blinds. "look mike, do whatever you want but i don't think paying for her father's car is gonna make her fall in love with you." the sarcastic boy remarked before making his way out of their shared office.

"THATS NOT WHY IM DOING IT!" the raven haired boy yelled after his best friend, earning him only a distinct distant laugh from the other side of the apartment.