fifteen.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
WRITER BOY AVE.
MIKE'S POV.

"so..." the small brunnete in front the writer twisted around on her heels, the hem of her grey plaid skirt flowing effortlessly with her motions. "the famous mike wheeler likes records, huh?"

in all honesty, mike would be lying if he said he didn't spend half of his night thinking of all the places he could possibly bring el today. the moment he heard her delicate steady breathing echoing from his phones speakers, he immediately started planning away... making sure each location was absolutely perfect for their sunday out.

and so far, they were. el had loved each of the places he had shown her. they had started off their morning by enjoying some breakfast at one of mike's favorite bagel joints on third avenue before stopping by the shops at columbus circle and taking a small stroll through central park in the afternoon.

it was simple, something he knew el would appreciate. besides, they were just hanging out.

this certainly wasn't a date.

but of course, the writer was completely aware of how hard he was trying to make sure she was happy. there was no denying that.

what can he say? el had that sort of affect on him.

it was very obvious at this point.

however, he really couldn't tell you what made him guide her into one of the cities smallest record shops, the dingy brown ceiling slightly caving in a bit from the weight of holding the rest of the building up.

mike hadn't been here in years. no, not really ever since...

the raven haired boy held back a smile as he tried to push his mindless thoughts away, failing miserably once her honey orbs squinted at him ferociously, "and do you not?"

"never said that." the artist stated nonchalantly before taking a moment to run her fingers along the various brightly colored sleeves, carefully moving closer to the lanky boy. "but seriously, why'd you bring me here?"

mike shifted his attention to the row of vinyls in front of them, attempting to distract himself from staring at the small girl for too long. she was insanely pretty today and the fact that she voluntarily moved closer to him made his heart feel like it was gonna fall right out of his chest and onto the floor. "i - uh used to come here a lot when i was a kid."

"here?" the short haired girl scanned the room, blinking rapidly before dropping her voice down to a whisper, "but why?"

"so judgmental, sweet. we just got here." the writer took the opportunity to reach over and squeeze her side, making her giggle before she playfully nudged his shoulder.

"you know what i mean."

"do i though?" the writer imposed further as he scrunched his nose at his client's daughter, causing her to roll her eyes.

the raven haired boy sighed at her reaction, knowing that she wouldn't be satisfied unless he did in fact answer her question seriously. he shifted his weight back and forth, carefully leaning against one of the wooden displays as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his navy jacket.