016 ✧ Enzo

[age:14  y & 2 m- Aug 2013]

[age:14 y & 2 m- Aug 2013]

"-yeah, I had a best friend that died in a fire you know." Damon swallowed on the other side of the phone as he talked to Ellie, "we were both experimented on and- and I left him Len, I left him! I was too much of a coward and ran away, I- I- I'm sorry I'll have to go."

Damon never cried to anyone, never talked about his fears or regrets to anyone, and then... there comes Lena, she changed his life and he is grateful for her but he can't continue talking or he will break.

Ellie, understanding the situation searched up where he is, and he wasn't far but before she could say anything to him, he hung up and so she hurried.

She took a bus to his location, sent a text to Jenna informing her that she is taking a bus away from the city for three days so she can cover for her, and left Mystic Falls.

Luckily for Ellie, that driver was fast and she arrived at her destination, a small house he 'bought' which in reality, of course, he compelled.

Having the spare key, -don't ask why, she quietly yet quickly opened the door and saw him there, Damon Salvatore laying on a couch, dried tears on his face, and bottles of bourbon laying on the ground, empty as he slept.

Ellie took a look at the house the sighed, it wasn't in a good shape, with random objects lying around, dirty dishes, and more.

She quickly set herself into action, washed the dirty dishes and glasses, cleaned the floor, organized everything, and after all the work done in forty minutes, she went to his laying figure, cleaned his face of dried tears carefully, put a blanket on him and went to back to cleaning even if it isn't her place.

It took a few hours for Damon to wake up again, she was done long ago and was currently resting on her back.

Damon flew back to the couch in shock, what was she doing here? He took a double-check around him and was taken aback again, everything was clean, tidy, and shiny, how the hell did she clean all that and at what time, he needs to repay her but he won't wake her up now, she needs to rest too.

──────

Ellie woke up after fifteen minutes and looked at the couch, Damon was nowhere there so she went to the bathroom, washed her face, and called his name.

"-amon Woah Woah hey, put on a shirt please."

Damon was shirtless in his bedroom as Lena finally found him, he seemed lost in thought but smiled as she came into his bedroom.

"Hey, Len." Damon said as he put on a shirt and opened his arms asking for a hug, she is the only one that is allowed to hug him.

She complied and dove into his arms, "Hey, Dae."

The two stood there for a while, both needing the hug before moving on.