Chapter 14 - The Crazy Lady.

I woke up suddenly and sharply in my bed to someone calling me.

"Hear Spot, hear Spot." It was a woman's voice and itseemed somewhat familiar.

Then I realized that this was the same voice that I had heard around the house with the name of Mum.

I had not met her yet so, it scared me that she was now calling my name.

As I looked towards the door to my room, I could see that the door was slightly agar.

My curiosity got the better of me and I started to get off the bed. I fell onto my hands and knees. That is what I realized that the bottom half of my legs felt numb.

I was too stubborn though to stop going for the door and try to see if I would be able to get out of this hell hole.

As I crawled across the floor into the kitchen, I did not realize that I was not the only one in the room.

So, that is why I felt my whole body stiffen as I felt someone's hand start to stroke my back. In a way, though I knew that this person meant no harm to me at the same time I was deathly afraid of the new presence.

As I stood there on my hands and knees paralyzed in fear, I could hear the tap, tap, tap of feet on the tile floor. Even though this person meant no harm they gave off the vibe that they were not fully sane and at the same time, I could smell alcohol hovering in the air.

Once they stood in front of me, I could see that they seemed to be slightly unstable as they have to gain their balance before bending down to reach my height.

Once we came face to face, I realized that her breath reeked of alcohol and her teeth were stained yellow. Her mouth was curled into what seemed like a gentle smile.

I was taken slightly aback because I thought as most people in this hell house meant me harm. Though as her emerald eyes shimmered against the light and how her blond hair framed her wrinkled light skin, she did not give off the impression that she was dangerous.

However, I do remember one fact about her that stood out the most on her appearance.

Where the other people I had met so far, I could not remember what kind of clothes they wore. Her clothes always stood out clearly through my memories.

Her clothes were tattered, dirty, and stained as if she has never taken them off. Once they must have held some color but I had, over time, been worn out.

My stomach growled as I was only being fed one meal a day.

She raised her eyebrows and started to head towards the kitchen counter after making me sit on the cold tile floor. She seemed to be going through some sort of treat box and by this point, I would have eaten anything even what she was about to give me.

She turned around to face me with what looked like a tiny biscuit in her hand. This was obviously meant to be for a dog but by this point, I did not really care.

Before she could give me the dog treat, I could hear the voice of Maranda.

"Mum, what are you doing with Spot? Why did you paralyze the bottom half of her legs?"

Maranda was saying this while she was checking me over.

For the first time in a long time I looked down on myself and I could see the multiple cut's in the fluffy fabric which now had dried blood covering it.

Maranda started to help me go towards my room but as I looked back at the Mom, I could see her crumpled to a heap on the floor. She seemed to look disappointed at herself which made me confused.

Does she not know that I am human?

The New Pet.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें