Chapter 18 - The Final Resting Place.

As I felt my soul start to leave my body it did not feel pain as all of the pain had subsided when the darkness had washed over me.

Once I opened my eyes again and I could see that I was hovering over my body.

My brown hair was mattered and covered in blood. I was lying perfectly still and I knew I would not be moving again.

The cuts and bruises that listened to my body showed the extent of my torture. It had gotten to the point where even I could not recognize myself.

I could not stand to look at myself anymore. So, I decided to try and find my family.

I silently said my goodbyes to Maranda as Police started to surround my body and as they checked my pulse I floated off in the distance.

I didn't really know where I was going but I ended up following my senses.

I could see trees and houses flying past me. I started to see disturbing things such as a Fox killing a rabbit and two people, I could not quite make out having sex in a clearing.

Suddenly, I stopped at a small 3-bedroom flat that had a bright blue door and three small windows that hovered above that bright blue door. The red color was fading from the bricks that made the house whole. I could see that the tiles on the roof had been recently replaced.

As I floated closer a memory flashed across my mind. The memory was of me going to knock on the door.

I could feel some sort of excitement at the realization that this was my home.

I was finally home.

I was going to knock on my door but when I did so my hand went straight through the door. This is when I remembered that I was dead and so, I went straight through the door to start the search for my family.

I was able to find my mom in the kitchen she looked kind of how I remembered to accept that some of her hair had started to turn grey.

If I had a heart at this point it would have welled at the sight of her but instead, I could feel some sort of phantom pain where my heart once was.

I debated on telling her what happened to me but when I spoke, she was not able to hear me.

However, dear brother you answered me.

I was surprised but as I turned around, I could see your blue eyes gleaming with relief that I was back.

At the time you were too young to understand.

As your brown hair shined in the light and your little face held your smile, I knew that you may be the only person that could see me.

I was afraid that something bad would happen to you or your mother.

That is why I swore to protect you and tell you everything.

This is why we are here now, in the middle of the woods, dear brother.

-------

Hi, I am the writer of this book. I was thinking of writing a sequel to this book and was wondering what things you would want to answer. If I did end up writing a sequel I would have it attached to this book. So, please let me know if you want a sequel and what you would want to answer in the comments. Thank you.