𝐂𝟐

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"Take cover!"

I looked up to see a flash of fire attack the Fatui guy and another strike of fire send him flying backwards. A figure appeared over the hill and I could make out a boy around my age standing there with his hands on his hips and a big smile on his face. He seemed to notice me and the state I was in and slid down the hill until he was hovering over me.

"Woah, you don't look so good. The Fatui around these areas aren't very happy with unexpected visitors arriving in or near their camps." the boy said. He had a pale ash-grey hair color. I could also see he had a scar in his shoulder. A pair of goggles on his head, and an outfit that definitely wasn't made for this climate.

"I.. I should be fine." I said attempting to stand up. It was a failed attempt and I ended up stumbling back over. The boy lended out a hand to me. I looked at him, and then his hand and took it. He helped me stand back up and swung my arm over his shoulder.

"Hey now! Don't move too much. You must be freezing. I'm assuming that guy knocked you into the stream." He then walked me over to another camp that was luckily not taken by any Fatui members. It looked like a small lab set up.

Using his pyro vision, he was able to successfully light a fire. He did set a bit of his clothing on fire in the process though.

"Hot hot.. Damn my luck. Anyways, I heard this place was claimed by the alchemist of the Knights of Favonius. Not sure if he's still using it though. Hopefully he won't mind someone staying here for a bit." He explained.

"Albedo was here? Wonder what he was doing all the way up in the mountains." I questioned. The boy seemed interested in my knowledge. "Wait a minute, you know Albedo? Wow, not many people even knew the Knights had an alchemist. Ah gee, I almost forgot the simple things! My name is Bennett!"

"Bennett.." I trailed off. I feel as though I've heard that name before. "Your with the Guild right?" His eyes seemed to light up at my question. "You know me? Wow! I didn't think my name was known around Mondstadt."
I giggled at his behavior, "Well, a lot of people in the Guild and the Knights mention you from time to time. I'm Y/N." Once again, he seemed to light up. "Y/N? I've heard of you! You're one of the younger members of the Knights right? How cool!" Now it was my turn to be happy with my name being known.

He sat down by the fire across from me and sighed, "The Knights are such hardworking people. Acting grandmaster does everything and anything for the people of Mondstadt. Lisa helps out with a lot as well. I sometimes see her around collecting books from people. Amber and Kaeya I see almost all the time patrolling around the gates. I once aimed to be a Knight." He laughed.

I tilted my head in confusion, "What do you mean once? You don't want to anymore?" He shook his head, "Nah, my unlucky-ness is too much too much to handle. I wouldn't want to mess up with them. So, I've settled for Benny's Adventure team!"

He seemed so happy about it, and passionate about it as well. "You have your own team? That's pretty cool." I told him. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Well, at the moment, I'm the only member of the team. I did have members at one point, but they all left." His smile never left his face when saying that. But I felt bad for him.

"I bet your team is awesome though! You have a pyro vision, and you're pretty good with a sword too. You have a lot of skill!" I complimented him. He laughed and shook his head again. "Skill? That's just whatever remaining luck I have left. Sometimes I get flung back with my own attacks. I think I've thrown myself off cliffs a few times too." We both laughed.

We continued talking about things by the fire. He told me about his dad's at the Guild. I told him about the Knights. We were both so genuinely interested in each other's lives we didn't notice the sun slowly starting to set.

"Oh hey look," I pointed behind Bennett's head. "The sun casts a nice shade of yellow and orange over the mountain as it goes down." I pointed out. He was memorised by it as well.

"Oh shoot, that must mean it's getting late. I can walk you back to the Knights Headquarters!" He jumped up and brushed himself off and helped me up as well. "Let's hurry before it gets too dark though, it would suck having to fight these creatures in the dark."

And with that, we made our descent down the mountain.

------

Back in Mondstadt, we had continued our talk about random things. He was really a fun guy to be around. We had reached the steps of headquarters and he waved me off.

"Hope to see you around more Y/N! Let's talk again real soon!" He said with a big smile and headed off somewhere.

I heard the door open behind me and I saw Lisa and Jean. "Oh dear, you look like a wreck." Jean said, noticing my wrinkled and dirty clothes.

I laughed it off, "I ended up running into one of those Fatui guys. He blew me down a hill and into a river. I'm alright though." This seemed to give Jean a heart attack, "A river? At that temperature? Y/N you could've frozen to death. Kaeya needs to learn when and where not to speak."

Lisa held a hand over her mouth to keep in her laugh. "Nevermind that, that boy that was running off, that was Bennett right? The unlucky kid?" She questioned. I nodded my head. "Yup! He pretty much saved my butt when I was nearly turned into an ice cube. Cryo on cryo is a horrible match. However, his pyro pretty much saved the day."

Lisa and Jean walked me inside as I told them about the day and how Bennett and I came to find each other. Lisa making side comments here and there, and Jean telling me how dangerous it was, and to never do it again.

"Well, it seems you had fun. I suggest getting rest." Lisa commented. Jean nodded in agreement.

"Alrighty then, I'll make my way upstairs then. Don't overwork yourselves now!" I said adding a wink leaving Jean a flustered mess.