𝐂𝟐𝟕

‧·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

We sat under the tree for a while longer. We didn't say much to each other, but more so enjoyed each other's company, holding each other closely. Bennett's head was nuzzled up in the crook of my neck, his arms around my waist. His breathing was slowed, he was probably close to falling asleep. I tapped him on the head and heard him mumble in acknowledgement of my tap.

"Do you want to head back to the city? I asked him. I felt him start to shake his head and he turned it so he was facing my neck.

"Not yet. I want to stay here just a bit longer.." He whispered. Smiling slightly I rested my head on his. So we stayed there for a while longer.

------------------------

After about half an hour of enjoying the company of each other, we decided it would be best to head back to the city, but once we both stood up I stopped him.

"Oh hold on." I started. "Did you ever finish that commission?" I asked him. I knew he liked to run his jobs before he went around and lazed about for the rest of the day.

"Actually, I don't think I did. Once the mitachurl flung me, I didn't exactly finish it off." He put his arms behind his head. "But it's fine! I won't drag you into it. We can head back now before it gets late, and I can finish it another day."

I thought for a moment. It wasn't often you'd see him putting back adventuring. I guess being around him really changed a lot. For the both of us. I took his hand and smiled up at him. "I'll be with you, so we can get it done quickly." I didn't give him much of a chance to decline, or accept before I pulled him along up the trail. He seemed like he had something he wanted to say, but he didn't end up saying anything and let me pull him.

At the top of the hill, there was a Hilichurl camp. There seemed to be one mitachurl and a few hilichurls. "Must've called for it's friends after I nearly wiped them all out." Bennett said as we neared closer. He drew his sword and readied for battle. "You ready?"

I nodded and lifted my arm over my head and activated my catalyst. "Be sure to keep up Bennett." I answered. We looked at each other and nodded before charging into the hilichurl camp.

Instantly the blazing axe mitachurl charged up to Bennett. Turning on my heel I went to freeze it in its place. "Time is frozen." I blew a frost cloud towards it. The enemy froze and struggled to move. I cued Bennett to attack.

"Let's light it up!" He swung his sword with pyro flashing around it. The reaction mixed with my cryo and melted the frozen cloud dealing damage. His hit was strong enough to send it flying over its own feet.

Two of the hilichurls ran up to me swinging burning clubs around. Turning around I charged my weapon while Bennett finished off the mitachurl. Once the hilichurls were in range I shot them with icicles. Being the weak things they are, it didn't take long for me to take them down.