𝐂𝟑𝟎

‧·‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The Millelith had apprehended the troublesome treasure hoarders. For some odd reason they are literally at every corner. However, it seemed that this bunch had been on and off of Liyue and Mondstadt. Not sure why it took so long for us to come together and take action, but better late than never.

"We thank you for your assistance, young knight. However, I do have a question." The older man asked me. I hadn't had the chance to catch his name.

"Ask away."

"Well, it's just that we asked to send out two of Mondstadt's best knights. However it seems we only received one." He rubbed his forehead. "Any reasoning as to why?"

To my ears, it sounded like he doubts or doubted my skills. Which is funny, why complain about who was sent when clearly they had enough personnel on their own side? "Well. Let me ask you a question in return. What is your name, sir?"

"Fengyan." He answered.

"Okay. And who did you ask to send out our best, Fengyan?" I asked again.

He thought for a moment, "Mondstadt's acting grandmaster, Jean."

I hummed, "Alright. Now I do hope you know Jean's a very busy lady. Mondstadt's been having our own issues as you also may know." Fengyan nodded, so I went on. "Good, good. We have a lot of good knights, however you asking for two of our best is a tall order."

He sweatdropped, "Y-yes." He stuttered out. "We just hadn't expected someone as young as you and--"

A raise of my eyebrow was enough to cut him off, "No disrespect Fengyan, but there's someone even younger than me, who could equally do a good job. Our best knights are usually quite busy with other pressing matters."

The rest of the Millelith that they sent out were now catching onto our conversation. They stood back watching the two of us. Never did hate to have an audience. Fengyan continued, "I was just simply stating that it would've been easier and less stressful on you."

"Hm? I'm not stressed at all. In fact I could go another three rounds with these treasure hoarders. Your men on the other hand..." I gestured behind him. The other three were sitting down, looking tired and drained. "Might need a break. So tell me Fengyan." I turned my head with a smile, "Are you really concerned for me? Or just embarrassed that Liyue's defense fell before I could?"

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if hanging around Kaeya had started to rub off on me. Fengyan put his hands up in defense, "No no! I was--" He paused, seeing me narrow my eyes down. "I should apologize. My men and I are greatly appreciative of you and your efforts. I also would like to send my apologies and thanks back to Jean, for doubting her."