𝐂𝟐𝟖

In honor of the 1

In honor of the 1.6 update let's go to the beach (No spoilers if you haven't participated yet!)
‧·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The slow rise and falls of Bennett's chest were comforting, and I would've stayed fast asleep if the sun hadn't been beamed on my face in the early morning. I must've forgotten to close my curtains because they're never opened.

I slowly opened my eyes to adjust to the light. It definitely wasn't early in the morning as I had thought it was. It was nice to sleep in and not be bothered.

Bennett had his arms around me, holding me as if I were a stuffed animal he was afraid would just get up and walk away. I couldn't bring myself to wake him up so I  chose not to. Instead, I brushed the hair that had fallen over his face out of the way.

He stirred at my touch and slowly started opening his eyes. "Didn't mean to wake you." I said as his eyes went through the same adjustment process as mine previously.

"Nah you're fine. I'm not really a heavy sleeper." He mumbled staring up at the sky. I noticed that after I witnessed his first nightmare scare he hadn't had anymore. Or at least I hope he didn't, and just isn't telling me.

"You slept alright?" I asked him. I knew he would tell me if he had, even if he didn't.

"Yup. It's very comfortable here." He grinned. Something I expected him to say anyways. However, he didn't have any hesitation in his voice so I think he's telling the truth.

I let out a quiet sigh of relief. "Glad to hear it." He let his hands fall down to my waist and I sat up over him. "Well. What should we do today?"

He hummed. "It looks like a pretty nice day out. We could take a walk down by the coast perhaps."

I took another peek out the window. "You're right. Shall we get ourselves up?" In truth, I didn't really want to leave the comfort of my bed. But I guess it's better to be productive sometimes. It was still tiring and I already wanted to get back in bed. "Actually maybe we don't have to—"

He quickly cut me off by sitting up quickly with a finger to my lips. "Nope! You've already proposed the idea. I agreed. So we gotta go now." He said.

Rolling my eyes playfully I moved his hand away. "Yeah yeah." I stood up off the bed and stretched my arms over my head. I heard Bennett stand up as well and I turned to him. "We can stop at Good Hunter to grab something to eat before we head off as well."

With a thumbs up he smiled, "Sounds like a good plan!" With that, we both headed out my room. We turned down the halls and could hear footsteps on the other side. Well actually it sounded like multiple people. I didn't think too much of it. People were usually up and out around this time, so it wasn't unusual. Approaching the steps to go down there were a few voices. One which I could make out to be Albedo.