𝐂𝟐𝟑

‧·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The day went on normally after the kiss. We didn't bring it up, but we were both comfortable with knowing that it had happened. Then again, I think we were both just too flustered about it still to bring it back up. Our lazy day was coming to an end and the sun had pretty much gone down completely.

"Wow, it got dark quickly." Bennett said standing up. It was a bit sad to have his comfort leave me but I obviously wouldn't say anything out loud. He must've seen my face though because he added, "Ah don't worry. I'll be back tomorrow!"

I smiled, "Of course you will. You never fail to make an appearance. Let me walk you out." I stood up out of bed and opened the door, leading Bennett out into the hallway. Knowing him, he would probably get lost if he were by himself.

"So many doors.." Bennett mumbled staring as we walked down. I chuckled to myself and turned the corner, walking down the steps that led to the main hall.

"Once you're used to it, you can walk around with your eyes closed." I joked. We got to the door and I turned to Bennett. "Well, good night. Sleep well Bennett." I said hoping he wouldn't have another nightmare.

"Yeah.. I'll try." He pushed the door open to walk out but paused, "But.. before I go."

I tilted my head, "Something up?"

Bennett gently lifted my chin towards him and pulled my face into his, locking his lips with mine. This time neither of us was nervous. He pulled away and met my eyes. "Good night." He gave me a small wave and quietly closed the headquarters door.

I smiled watching him walk out, I was about to head back to my room when I heard someone talk to me. "Ooh.. did I catch you at a bad time?"

I snapped my head around to see none other than the blue haired captain standing by the library door. Heat rose to my face as I prayed Kaeya didn't see that. "No, in fact you didn't. Do you need something?"

Kaeya stepped forward tossing his ponytail behind him, "I have a proposal."

Lifting an eyebrow, "And what is this proposal, exactly?"

"Well. I was just heading off to the tavern and saw you and... well, I won't bring it back up." He smiled and put a hand on my head. "What if I buy you something non-alcoholic as a forgiveness present. Think of it as... my apology for almost getting you captured by treasure hoarders."

I rolled my eyes, "Is this just so I can drag you back after you're too drunk to walk back by yourself and Jean will scold you for coming in with another hangover?" I started and gave him one of my smiles as well.

Kaeya sighed, "No no. I will watch myself tonight. What type of captain would I be if I can't even watch a kid?"

Holding back from wanting to smack him, I started to walk out the door. "Don't keep this kid waiting then."