Chapter 21: "Doesn't matter, what were you saying earlier?"

"Wait so you're going to be gone for a week?" Alex asked, video cam on, leaning on his hand.

"Yes, Alex. I have said this FIVE TIMES. I am going to be gone for SEVEN WHOLE DAYS. Don't worry, I have faith that you will survive." Y/n sighed.

"Well I can't even talk to you there, what exactly is that faith you have?" He asked, still pouting.

"Well technically you can call me, I just don't think my teacher would let me anyways. BUT that faith still lies within my phone."

Alex raised his eyebrows, slightly intrigued.

"Vlogging!" Y/n exclaimed but that excitement deflated when Alex didn't give a reaction.

"What?"

Y/n groaned into her hands, "Quackity I'm going to be filming myself doing shit there and then sending them to you, you dimwit."

Alex's eyes widened, flashing with realization, "OHHHHHHHHHH!"

Y/n nodded slowly, "Get it?"

He flopped down on his chair and nodded back, "Got it. Though I'd rather call you," he sighed dramatically, "I suppose getting your videos will have to do."

He continued, "So where are you going? And who're you going with?"

"If you were paying attention earlier to what I was saying, you would have known."

"Well I was too busy caught up with the fact that you would be gone for a week."

"Oh my god Big Q, will you listen NOW?"

He raised his hands, "Yes, yes I will. I'm sorry."

Y/n raised her eyebrows and after seeing his actually focused expression, answered the question. "As I said before, I'm going with my school to Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. Got it?"

He nodded.

"Alright... and basically we're camping for two nights and staying in a hotel for five and I'm rooming with Lili," she patiently explained.

"Ok... so how are the vlogs gonna work?"

"I was getting there, just wait." She glared pointedly. He quickly grumbled a sorry and gestured for her to continue.

"ANYWAYS, every time we go to a park or site, I'll make a video explaining what's going on but I'll probably be talking about something completely irrelevant anyway. I'll show you the rocks and shit around me so you'll be good. I heard it's pretty there."

"Ok, but didn't you say it was in Utah? Isn't that like a ten-hour drive?"

"Yeah it's 7 hours actually, but I mean, I'm in a bus filled to the brim with my classmates, I think I'll be good. I just won't be able to sleep."

"You have once slept in the middle of my fits after I lost a mini-game, I think you'll be fine."

"Well, it's a girls-only bus so I actually might have a chance for a nap. Then again, LILI is my partner."

Alex interrupted, "Well if there are only two buses for boys and girls separately, what about non-binary people?"

Y/n pondered for a bit about that situation. Obviously, her teacher had not included that portion in the email. "Honestly, I think they just choose. Or they go with whatever bus their partner is on. I think we only have two gender-neutral people in our class though. But there's no way they'll pick the other to be their partner so I think we're good."

"Fair enough." He paused for a moment before asking, "What about uh... what's his face... Matt? Yeah, Who's he rooming with?"

A bit confused as to why he would ask, Y/n glanced sideways at him, but responded anyway, "I think he's rooming with Damian, this tall, lanky kid in our class with fluffy brown hair. I know it's weird, since I don't even talk to him, but I really want to touch his hair. It's just so... well, fluffy."