Chapter 31: "She misses you so much. So go get your girl."

Alex POV 3rd person:

"Dude check your phone," Aksel piped up from behind the screen. They were both testing out different Roblox games for the next raid, and Alex was thoroughly focused on it. He'd been doing that lately and his friend had been calling him a workaholic because of it, even though he never technically considered YouTube to be a job per se. He'd always wanted to be a lawyer. Nevertheless, Aksel was right to some extent. He was overworking himself a LOT and had so many videos waiting to be uploaded. Aksel thought it was motivation because he hit a milestone. The real reason was solely Y/n.

When she was on the trip in Utah, so many months ago, a way of coping with that loneliness was just filming videos. He'd made three more songs and now that it seemingly looked like she was gone for good, what else could he do? Secretly, he felt sad that she hadn't tried to contact him. But how could he? He blocked her on everything making it impossible for her to. He grimaced, knowing that he himself was the cause of the empty hole he felt. Didn't stop him from feeling solemn.

When he suddenly stopped yelling as often and his mom didn't catch him sneaking downstairs to get junk food in the middle of the night, she was the first to notice something was up. Coming to a rational conclusion, she thought that Y/n was away again, just like how she'd gone before. But days turned into weeks and it was about time before she realized something was wrong. So she confronted Alex and he broke down and told her everything, from telling Lili to how he found out. The thing is, he hadn't even given Y/n time to explain. And he felt even worse, as Y/n didn't know about how he felt and was probably so confused why he was so angry. He just hoped Lili told her and she lied about her being in a relationship with Matt. It made him feel better about being angry.

But it didn't make him feel any good either. Aksel was great yeah, but Y/n was practically his life. A year ago, if someone had told him that he could live without her, he would have laughed and said no. Now he knows he can, just miserably.

Move on, move on, he preached to himself everyday, but he just couldn't.

He just couldn't.

So he went on discord and unblocked her. But her status said she wasn't active. Biting his lip anxiously, he went to mutual servers and friends and was shocked to see that they had none except for his server. He then sent a DM, just a simple 'hi' and sat there waiting for a response. He waited 5. Then 10. Then 20. By the time he was sitting there for almost half an hour, he gave up and texted Lili.

She on the other hand, was NOT blocked and had in fact tried reaching out to him. Scrolling up on the chat, he saw so many missed messages, guilt enveloping him when he saw so many 'Alex, hi. 'ALEX' 'Dude come on' 'Please respond' 'I'm so sorry'. Those texts just eventually stopped.

"Yo, Alex, hello?" Aksel's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Oh hey man, sorry I sort of zoned out. Uh I actually got to go, I'll talk to you later-"

"Wait so is this ga-"

And then he cut the call. Logging off his PC he turned to grab his phone.

Today was the day he was the first one to send something to the bluenette. And he did. After a couple seconds he got a response, unlike his previous failed attempt on discord with Y/n.

Lili💙

Hey

Hi.

He swallowed slowly, hoping this wouldn't go downhill. It was so foreign to see her texts as dry as that, but he supposed the entire conversation had to feel alien after not talking for almost 10 months. Gulping down his guilt he tried to steer the conversation into what he wanted to say.