Chapter 18: Big Brain Time

Sihyeon contemplated whether to text Jisung.

Well, what was so wrong in congratulating him for dating her best friend? Why was she so hesitant?

And why wasn't she happy for Jiwon?

"I'm a terrible friend!" she pulled at her hair, having a midlife crisis on her bed.

If she got into a relationship with someone, then Jiwon would've definitely been happy for her. Why was she not able to reciprocate the feelings?

Frustrated with herself, she jumped back on her pillow, only to be bounced off the bed and fall on the ground.

"Ugh!" Sihyeon cried, and Jiwon opened the door to her room, looking for her.  As soon as she saw her friend sitting on the floor, holding her head, she instantly crouched down before her and asked, "Hey, what's wrong?" 

There was no way Sihyeon was telling Jiwon about the myriad of emotions flooding in her head, no matter how concerned she was for her. Telling her that would probably just taint their friendship, wouldn't it? 

"I... I fell off the bed," Sihyeon spoke. 

"Why are you so dramatic?" Jiwon stood up, sighing. 

"Me? Dramatic? Whoa!" Sihyeon said from the ground, straining her neck to look up at her friend. 

"Sometimes," she shrugged, "Anyway, I just wanted some help from you." 

"Me? What happened?" Sihyeon propped herself up with her hand, lazily standing up. 

"I'm going out on a date with Jisung this afternoon, and I want you to come with me," Jiwon spoke, and she froze.

Jiwon, seeing her frozen on her spot, with her expression changing from curious to sort of disappointed, inwardly celebrated. That was exactly the emotion that she and Jisung were trying to get out of Sihyeon. 

But, to her surprise, Sihyeon straightened up and smiled brightly, and spoke, "Let's get you ready for your date!" 

Jiwon raised an eyebrow, thinking: what the heck? 

"Sure...?" she agreed slowly, feeling the plan backfire terribly.

"Yeah! Let's go to your room! What are you wearing?" Sihyeon was suddenly more zealous than Jiwon for the pretend-date. As she marched out of her room, Jiwon skeptically followed her, dreading what was to come. 

Was Sihyeon completely okay with Jisung dating her? 

That would literally shatter Jisung's dreams and aspirations altogether, not to be dramatic. 

As she entered her own room, she saw Sihyeon picking out outfits for her, holding up a green dress and a red one too. 

"I think you should wear the red one. After all, it's Jisung's favorite color," Sihyeon muttered, hanging the green dress back on the rack. 

"You know an awful lot about Jisung," Jiwon folded her arms. 

Sihyeon laughed nervously, "Um, I keep up with the knowledge of my idols..." 

"Sure," she nodded, not buying her words. 

"Chill, I'm not gonna steal your boyfriend. He's just an idol to me; nothing more, nothing less," it hurt Sihyeon to say it out loud, for reasons she didn't yet know why. 

Was it because Jisung and her had developed a friendship? Was it because she felt played? Or was it something else? 

Shaking her head to get rid of those thoughts, she shoved the red dress in Jiwon's face and told her to dress up. That's when a thought struck her head. It was big brain time. 

If Jisung could play with her and then end up dating her best friend, she could do the same to him. 

As she was exiting Jiwon's room, she turned around and spoke, "Hey, Jiwon?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Tell Jisung to bring Felix along." 

(a/n: OH GOD IT'S ALMOST BEEN A MONTH SINCE I'VE UPDATED THIS! I'M SO SORRY! 

Even now, I'm in a state of burnout, but I wanted to give y'all some content since I myself was sort of content deprived of this story. I wanna write more! 

Also, if there are any Attack On Titan fans here, then I wanna request you to check out THE OFFICE, a humorous AOT fanfic. You'll definitely love it!)